• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Applied 5 Jan, issued 30 Jan.

Someone was putting in some extra hours. I checked Friday night and 7 of the steps were still incomplete.

There's a good chance most or all of the steps were completed weeks ago. For the most part, due to limited resources, MSP only does random updates to HQL status on the website until the day your card is mailed out.

ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    First-time poster. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who applied around 1/8/2016. I just got off the phone with MSP, they are working on applications submitted 1/6-7/2016 right now. 1/8 will be the next batch up. Next up will be the wait for the card then the wait for the handguns I placed a hold on.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    First-time poster. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who applied around 1/8/2016. I just got off the phone with MSP, they are working on applications submitted 1/6-7/2016 right now. 1/8 will be the next batch up. Next up will be the wait for the card then the wait for the handguns I placed a hold on.

Whatever you do, don't have MSP pull your application to look at it. For some people, it's meant having their application put back with the newest applications and waiting two months or more.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    Application\License Fee Completed Jan/13/16
    MVA Photo Unchecked
    LiveScan Unchecked
    Training Unchecked
    NICS Unchecked
    METERS Unchecked
    CJIS Unchecked
    MAFSS Unchecked
    JIS Unchecked
    DJS Unchecked
    DHMH Completed Jan/14/16

I'm dying here...

I'm almost tempted to surprise them with food and maybe they'll do everything right there and then for me. :(

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Application\License Fee Completed Jan/13/16
    MVA Photo Unchecked
    LiveScan Unchecked
    Training Unchecked
    NICS Unchecked
    METERS Unchecked
    CJIS Unchecked
    MAFSS Unchecked
    JIS Unchecked
    DJS Unchecked
    DHMH Completed Jan/14/16

I'm dying here...

I'm almost tempted to surprise them with food and maybe they'll do everything right there and then for me. :(

I know that the wait can feel unbearable. Don't look at it until you get to 25 days or you will just drive yourself crazy.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    I know that the wait can feel unbearable. Don't look at it until you get to 25 days or you will just drive yourself crazy.

The thing is that I've already dropped dough on a P226. I did so because I know I will get approved, but I just want to get that p226 home!

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    The thing is that I've already dropped dough on a P226. I did so because I know I will get approved, but I just want to get that p226 home!
    I did the exact same thing. I applied 12/27 and bought a p226 legion on 1/2. I finally get it this Saturday. I can't wait. This process is not for the impatient!

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    Mine was approved today. App went in1/4. Spoke to MSP. They said due to high volume it's taking the full 30 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom