• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    Ben Carson makes this same suggestion after Oregon, and the media vilifies him.

But, as soon as a liberal says it, it is sobering but wise advice.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Ben Carson makes this same suggestion after Oregon, and the media vilifies him.

But, as soon as a liberal says it, it is sobering but wise advice.

I wonder if they're saying it, knowing that almost nobody has a CCW permit, and hoping that if something happens, they'll later be able to say that CCW failed?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So, armed or not, people think it isn't a good idea to fight and try to survive? Lanier was wrong in her statement?

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Cathy Lanier spoke what she was taught by DHS.

Run. Hide. Fight.

She was doing nothing except getting her 15 seconds of fame, being a parrot to what she was taught/told to say.

Cathy Lanier doesn't want anyone to have a firearm, except her.

I remember all too clearly, when she was told to remove and lock-up her sidearm, when she entered the Supreme Court, during DC vs Heller.
    Chief Lanier was visibly PISSED OFF!

Where I work, we were given some lectures on Active Shooters.
    We were told NOT to fight.
    Run. Hide. Run some more. (Not exactly, but, you get my meaning.)

Then, about a month ago, we get an e-mail with a refresher 'lecture' on Active Shooters.

They said, "Run. Hide" Fight".
    In the e-mail, they even state to "Take out the shooter"!!!

So, being the sarcastic bastige that I am, I contacted a couple of the guys in corporate security that I know..... and asked if that gave me permission to wear/carry/conceal my G19, since they now want me (us) to confront/take out any active shooter.
    :D

The response........ "That terminology is straight from the DHS handbook. Uhhhhhh, we cannot authorize you to carry on company property."

My response, "Fine. Then you make sure that you're armed and are going to be here, when some disgruntled employee starts shooting up my location!"

[YT]5VcSwejU2D0[/YT]

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    what happens when you run out of tennis balls? :)

So instead you suggest they just sit there and be shot?

How about picking up things that have been thrown and throw them again?

This response buys time for a separate response.

I am not saying this is the ultimate response, but if I had kids in school, I would be teaching them to respond if there is no other choice.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    This is the exact opposite of the position of most school administrators across the country it seems.

Responsible? Adults? In schools?
    Never!!!

Not all states.

After CT, either SD or UT followed the lead of the other one (I forget which one was which) to pass a law to allow teachers with a CCW to carry in schools.

Not ALL of the US has its head up it a**.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So instead you suggest they just sit there and be shot?

How about picking up things that have been thrown and throw them again?

This response buys time for a separate response.

I am not saying this is the ultimate response, but if I had kids in school, I would be teaching them to respond if there is no other choice.

You forget, not everyone has the will to fight and survive. Many think it can only be done with a firearm. I guarantee an active shooter has not trained trying to shoot while having objects thrown at them.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So, instead of belly aching, why not learn to do the best with what you've got?

Active shooter rolls in, just raise your hands in the air and complain that you don't have a knife or gun.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    That kid is thinking wtf these idiots trying to feed me. The kid knew better but they are going to brainwash the poor guy.

He's just been indoctrinated into the gay new collectivist utopia, where everyone that hums together gets free comic books, wax lips and Pampers. Meanwhile, the "bad guys" (Mecca-leaning wankers) are being indoctrinated into the Dark Ages, where your single-minded purpose in life is to kill, tax or convert everyone with wax lips. Ain't life grand!!

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    And yet, in my Federal facility, they routinely perform entry/exit inspections and confiscate pocket knives..."for employee safety."

The best one I've ever heard concerning "our employees safety" came out of the mouth of a PNC bank manager at the Laurel Main Street PNC lobby two years ago when he ask me to remove my baseball cap. I ask why I should take it off and he said it was for "employee safety reasons."

See, the bank had been held up the previous day, a round was still lodged in the ceiling 35' above us and an UNarmed security type was sitting about 10 feet from us. Some 15' in the other direction were 2-3 female bank employees who were perched on their stools at their stations, and they were not behind any kind of protective glass/partition.

So, I responded with "really, how concerned are you when you were just robbed, your women have no protection whatsoever and you have an unarmed guard perched over there (for the next 2 weeks I found out later)."

Told the manager I was not taking off my cap so I was refused service that day. Stomped out never to return.

None of the PNC locations in this area have any kind of active/immediate protection for their workers. However, most grocery and numerous commercial outlets around Laurel have their own armed guards on site. Crime around Laurel is worse than anything I ever saw in Nha Trang, Saigon, Pleiku, Ton Son Nhut, Ban Me Thout.

Lew--Ranger63

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-news/releases/view?id=44007

I saw this on the news and I was like....Seriously? Evidently she'll be on 60 minutes too. Making the rounds on the news to promote DCs new CCW law, which no longer bans it, just makes it next to impossible.

Fight back with what, exactly?

I've been carrying my extra-sharp assault scissors. I've also been perfecting my projectile vomiting and poo flinging techniques.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    The best one I've ever heard concerning "our employees safety" came out of the mouth of a PNC bank manager at the Laurel Main Street PNC lobby two years ago when he ask me to remove my baseball cap. I ask why I should take it off and he said it was for "employee safety reasons."

See, the bank had been held up the previous day, a round was still lodged in the ceiling 35' above us and an UNarmed security type was sitting about 10 feet from us. Some 15' in the other direction were 2-3 female bank employees who were perched on their stools at their stations, and they were not behind any kind of protective glass/partition.

So, I responded with "really, how concerned are you when you were just robbed, your women have no protection whatsoever and you have an unarmed guard perched over there (for the next 2 weeks I found out later)."

Told the manager I was not taking off my cap so I was refused service that day. Stomped out never to return.

None of the PNC locations in this area have any kind of active/immediate protection for their workers. However, most grocery and numerous commercial outlets around Laurel have their own armed guards on site. Crime around Laurel is worse than anything I ever saw in Nha Trang, Saigon, Pleiku, Ton Son Nhut, Ban Me Thout.

Lew--Ranger63

Went to my local Navy Federal Credit Union today and, as always, there was a MD State Police vehicle parked outside and a plain clothes trooper inside on duty. I guess that NFCU pays MDSP for this service. At any rate, it's not always the same trooper, but it's always at the same desk and they are always busy on their cell phones and don't pay spit attention to what is going on around them in the CU. The trooper did not once take her eyes off her phone the entire time I was in line waiting for service. Zero situational awareness.
    If NFCU wants to pay for that service, that's fine, but I think I would insist on a bit better. It would be easy for someone who is serious about doing harm in that branch to recon it a few times, figure out the situation and walk directly to that desk and take that trooper out first before carrying on with their plans.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    :cool:

th

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So, instead of belly aching, why not learn to do the best with what you've got?

Active shooter rolls in, just raise your hands in the air and complain that you don't have a knife or gun.

There you have it! Common sense. :thumbsup:

Me, I prefer to go down fighting with whatever I have or can find.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Went to my local Navy Federal Credit Union today and, as always, there was a MD State Police vehicle parked outside and a plain clothes trooper inside on duty. I guess that NFCU pays MDSP for this service. At any rate, it's not always the same trooper, but it's always at the same desk and they are always busy on their cell phones and don't pay spit attention to what is going on around them in the CU. The trooper did not once take her eyes off her phone the entire time I was in line waiting for service. Zero situational awareness.
    If NFCU wants to pay for that service, that's fine, but I think I would insist on a bit better. It would be easy for someone who is serious about doing harm in that branch to recon it a few times, figure out the situation and walk directly to that desk and take that trooper out first before carrying on with their plans.

The trooper was most likely completing background investigations for Maryland CCW permits.

:sarcasm:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You forget, not everyone has the will to fight and survive. Many think it can only be done with a firearm. I guarantee an active shooter has not trained trying to shoot while having objects thrown at them.

Oh, I don't forget.

I am the saying to fight back with whatever you have.

I would PREFER to have a firearm, but it not, I am NOT going to sit and wait to be shot.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    i used to do a lot of network wiring...if it's the kind of drop ceiling I'm thinking of, unless you weigh about 30 pounds you would pull it down....Who knows...you could fall on top of the shooter and be a hero...

LOL! I wasn't talking about laying on the ceiling. The office walls are standard drywall with metal studs. I got up through the ceiling and stood on the "T" where my office walls came together with another office in under a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom