• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I've driven by there multiple times the last few weeks....to be honest from the looks of the place, I thought they already were closed...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They're not in a part of the state where I frequent gunstores , so I have no first hand experience either way.

But in general the retail firearms maeketplace , and disporportionaly the profit margins thereof have undergone a major long term change. Retailer that primarily sell guns in the state are currently undergoing a Rightsizing.

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    I've been a few times. I've never bought a thing. The whole place gives gun stores a bad reputation. Dimly lit, everything is dusty, crummy customer service, nothing looks remotely organized, bad prices.

I'm sure SB281 took a bite out of them but they weren't doing themselves any favors before that.

I hate to rag on them but it really was a bad store.

Odiferous Maximus

Feb 16, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I know the story. Unfortunately, they are a retail business and a family tragedy cannot be taken out on your customers. The few times I was there they treated me like I was a total idiot. I have been to both stores, Bel Air and Fallston. Same treatment at both. :rolleyes:

This +1.

I walked in the once, and left within five minutes. Never went back again.

Same goes for a gun shop here in San Antonio - within five minutes of being in the store, I had been lied to so many times that I left and never returned.

Last edited:

moneyshot

Apr 20, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    I've been to many Baltimore area Gun shops and have had more bad experiences then good. I will not name the bad ones. There seems to be an attitude at some of them, like your an Inconvenience. I will say I've have had easy transactions at Gun Connection and The Bank in Havre De Grace. I also found the guys at Clyde's in Lansdowne very helpful, but didn't do any gun related business there.

cwalker3

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Forest Hill, Harford County
    That sucks. I hate to see any store go under. I've bought several guns from them and only ever had one issue with one of the guys. All stores have one dickhead it seems. I might just stop by now and see if I can score a deal.

YFallston

Aug 24, 2013
    Hazard County
    I stopped in and there is a very limited selection. The 10% over cost they are charging still didn't produce any decent deals. If I didn't live 5 minutes away I'd be sad I drove there.

Nyshunter12

Aug 26, 2013
    Harford County
    I stopped in and there is a very limited selection. The 10% over cost they are charging still didn't produce any decent deals. If I didn't live 5 minutes away I'd be sad I drove there.

I went in to check it out and felt the same way nothing worth looking at. Saw a mosin that was sporterized and they wanted way too much.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I know the story. Unfortunately, they are a retail business and a family tragedy cannot be taken out on your customers. The few times I was there they treated me like I was a total idiot. I have been to both stores, Bel Air and Fallston. Same treatment at both. :rolleyes:

Talk about bad service Teratos, do you remember when they shot & killed a disgruntled customer..?

In fairness, the customer drew & shot first...

The customer became unhinged when he tried to return some ammo...

They said no...

NO charges were filed...

Just another day for the History Books on Route 1...

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    I call BS on SB281 causing their demise, with no intended offense to the op. That store had a cancerous attitude and they survived as long as they did because they were the only game in town. SB281 didn't help them, but others are holding on. Others are adapting.

I totally agree and their prices suck.

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Talk about bad service Teratos, do you remember when they shot & killed a disgruntled customer..?

In fairness, the customer drew & shot first...

The customer became unhinged when he tried to return some ammo...

They said no...

NO charges were filed...

Just another day for the History Books on Route 1...

That was Dan at gun connection when he worked at Belair Gun.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Oh yeah, I remember that. Old guy who won the lottery back in the 70s or something. Probably around 2001 that happened.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Gun Connection is a very nice store-plenty of selection along with a knowledgeable staff. They can be a little "Hot Shot" at first but I think their just "shy". Once you have been there a couple of times your considered an old friend. Shot with them, they walk the walk. Chris

dckhd247

Jul 23, 2014
    An acquaintance of mine went in this store just before 10/1 to buy a lower. He filled out all the paperwork, paid, picked up his lower and walked out of the store. I told him it was nuts and I'm sure they'd realize their error. A few months later they called and told him he was "not disapproved" and he could come in to pick up his lower anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom