• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Hey all. The C&R FFL asks for the name of the Chief Law Enforcement Officer, who dat? And also the address.

Do they want a name of a person? Is the address the MSP barracks in Pikesville?

Thanks.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Be nice if we had a vague idea where you are, but this is the local police chief be it Sheriff, County, Ctiy, whatever. The one who answers the call when you dial 911. You not only need their name and address for the form and you need to send them the copy of the forms designated for them. It's probably helpful to include a letter saying why and that there is no action required on their part.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Click on this link to the ATF Web site and download ATF F 5310.16 (Form 7CR) — Application for License (FFL) Collector of Curios and Relics. This form has two sections, the first goes to ATF to apply for a C&R license, and the second goes to your local Chief Law Enforcement Officer, to inform him that you have applied for a C&R license. You don't need to write him a letter, the form is enough.

Something that needs to be understood is that the Chief Law Enforcement Officer is not - I say again, is not - anyone in the Maryland State Police. Your CLEO is the Chief of your local police department, be it city or county.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Sorry guys. I live in the Cockeysville area of Baltimore County. The Cleo on the C&R is different than the nfa cleo, or am I wrong about that too?

I will call the BC PD and ask them who should be on the form and who I should send the copy to. Then post back so the info will be here.

Thanks again!!

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Sorry guys. I live in the Cockeysville area of Baltimore County. The Cleo on the C&R is different than the nfa cleo, or am I wrong about that too?

I will call the BC PD and ask them who should be on the form and who I should send the copy to. Then post back so the info will be here.

Thanks again!!

The info is here now.

Send applications to:

BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS AND EXPLOSIVES
    FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSING CENTER
    PO BOX 409567
    ATLANTA GA 30384-9567

Send CLEO copy to:

CHIEF JAMES W. JOHNSON
    BALTIMORE COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT
    700 E JOPPA RD FL 5
    TOWSON MD 21286-5504

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Wow!! Wonderful. I will get it in the mail tomorrow. Thank you very much.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I sent a cover letter with mine, along the lines of.

"I am enclosing your copy of my 03 FFL application. This requires no action on your part."

That last bit is the significant part. They can just throw it away if they want to (and I hope they do).

(I sent mine to the Carroll County Sheriff, by the way.)

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Hand delivered my FFL03 application copy to the County Sheriff and the Sgt. looked at it and said "What are we supposed to do with this?" Spent the next 30 minutes in the foyer while they tried to find out what they were supposed to with it.

Never did get the impression that they found an answer as to what to do. Left the copy with them and left thinking that was a useless act to be compliant with the process. :banghead:

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Hand delivered my FFL03 application copy to the County Sheriff and the Sgt. looked at it and said "What are we supposed to do with this?" Spent the next 30 minutes in the foyer while they tried to find out what they were supposed to with it.

Never did get the impression that they found an answer as to what to do. Left the copy with them and left thinking that was a useless act to be compliant with the process. :banghead:

I've heard the same story here in St Mary's. I just mailed mine to the Sheriff's office. What they did with it, I don't know. I did what I was required to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom