• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I can’t seem to find any place with reasonable stock. Many places as have large rifle. I don’t think I’ve seen any place with small rifles. Some places have large pistol. Almost no place with small pistol. Basically no one has more than one type.

I’d really love to get 1k large pistol and 1k small pistol (and might add in 1k small rifle while I was at it). Only option seems to be to order from at least two different places and most seem to be running like $40 for shipping and hazmat (midway has I think large pistol primers, limit 1k. Every other places is obscure and generally really expensive on shipping and hazmat).

Feels like I just need to wait. Not almost out, but was still hoping to pick some up.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Have you tried the barter thread?

Midway USA seems to have the lowest hazmat but usually the highest prices. I think they front load their powder and primer prices to reduce their hazmat fee. I only do small orders from them. If I'm putting together a larger order, I go with Powder Valley for better unit pricing.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Have you tried the barter thread?

Midway USA seems to have the lowest hazmat but usually the highest prices. I think they front load their powder and primer prices to reduce their hazmat fee. I only do small orders from them. If I'm putting together a larger order, I go with Powder Valley for better unit pricing.

Thanks. I just discovered Powder valley. They set me up with 100 PPU 120gr BTHP to try out for my Grendel (at an awesome price) as well as 1k berry's 32acp bullets. Which is perfect. Desired bullet to try reloading. Great price. AND probably sufficient bullets to last me 4-6 years of reloading for it.

Sadly they are wiped for primers.

Yeah, if I get desperate I'll hit up the barter thread. My neighbor has enough to probably tide us both over for awhile (don't want to feel like I am running him dry though). I've got just over 1k small pistol, large rifle and small rifle and I think 100 large pistol. So I am not going dry super soon (though my 45acp reloading is sticking with my small primer cases).

Just hoping maybe someone knows of somewhere to order that might be able to hook me up with at least small and large pistol. If they had small rifle and pistol and large pistol, awesome. Hard to meet up with anyone these days for me :(

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Check with RSP gun shop in Falling waters WV. When I was there last weekend they had a bunch of primers including large pistol. They also have a pretty decent powder selection

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Do a thread to do a group buy.

Get 5K each size, as shipping and Hazmat is the same for 5K as 1K.

Or just buy 5K, just in case.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Where are you people finding 5k cases of small pistol primers in stock?

Yeah I've found nada.

BTW I just bit the bullet and got 1k federal small pistol from Midway. I've wanted a hand primer also, so that got me at least regular free shipping. And most of what I have to load is small pistol. I'll worry about my large pistol and small rifle primers some other month (or year).

Maybe I'll be able to wait till gun shows are up and running (and feel safe enough) in a few months or a year or so. Then I'll go all in on a 5k case of small pistol and small rifle if I've actually worked through a bunch of them and get a 1k or 2k large pistol

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    What do you need I will check my stock. I went on a buying spree a while back and have a lot of primers I may not even use

Medusa Joe

Industry Partner
    May 28, 2020
    Hollywood, MD
    I can’t seem to find any place with reasonable stock. Many places as have large rifle. I don’t think I’ve seen any place with small rifles. Some places have large pistol. Almost no place with small pistol. Basically no one has more than one type.

I’d really love to get 1k large pistol and 1k small pistol (and might add in 1k small rifle while I was at it). Only option seems to be to order from at least two different places and most seem to be running like $40 for shipping and hazmat (midway has I think large pistol primers, limit 1k. Every other places is obscure and generally really expensive on shipping and hazmat).

Feels like I just need to wait. Not almost out, but was still hoping to pick some up.

Medusa Munitions has LPP & SPP in stock. We’re located in Hollywood, MD. Check out our “powder & primer” thread in the IP section for prices and brands.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Medusa Munitions has LPP & SPP in stock. We’re located in Hollywood, MD. Check out our “powder & primer” thread in the IP section for prices and brands.

I’d love to take you up on that, but I am in western Howard, so that’s about 3hrs round trip for me :-(

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Got a generous offer to sell me some LP from a member here who lives nearby. You know who you are and very appreciated.

I wouldn’t mind more SR, but I don’t really need them. But I’ve only got 100 LP total right now (and actually the tray might not be full). Everything else I’ve got at least 1k of. So it would really just be stocking up for anything else.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I was out around Hanover the other day and bass pro had a decent selection. I know their prices are a little high but it beats paying hazmat. I snatched up some rem 2 1/2, win wlp and some cci #350 for some testing. Also picked up another pound of h110 and lil gun.

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    I was able to buy 1,000 small pistol from bass pro. Pickup in store, no hazmat fees, got it in 5 days from order

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom