• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Anyone ever use a FoxPro varmint call? Friend has a fox who keeps walking off with a chicken or two. Over the last two months, he has thinned the flock by 8. He has set out traps, but the oldFox loves the kill better.

He just purchased a Hammerjack call and asked me to solve his fox issue with a firearm. Never one to past up a hunt, today I set up a Eastern Rabbit distress call, will head there tomorrow and see how the call works.

Went out to youtube looking for a setup procedure and review. Came across a Foxpro video, that should have been removed back in 2015. Unbelievable that it is still there. I will not post the link on this board.

Any words of wisdom with this call?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I can't speak to your particular call but my experience with mouth calls has been mixed. If I've seen the fox I've been able to lure them in. Cold calling has never resulted in anything showing up.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I use a little squeaky predator call while in my tree stand deer bow hunting --works great -have called in a lot of foxes -just for entertainment value .

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Are you looking for instructions for the call itself or general experience with electronic calls?

I have been predator hunting for a few years and use a Primos Dog Catcher. It was an entry level call but it calls in fox like crazy from 200+ yards. I normally start of with a cottontail or baby cottontail call and run that for a few minutes and pause it. I will do this sequence until I see eyes. Depending on how far out I normally move to a rodent call once they are on a frozen rope. I will sometimes go back and forth with hand squeaks as well.

A good light is a must!

I still use it but have a motion decoy as well that helps finish them.

I bought a Convergent Bullet varmit/predator call at the NRA show last year. It works with an app on your phone that you can download for free. Much to my surprise you can use the app with any bluetooth speaker, so if you wanted to save money you could buy an inexpensive bluetooth speaker, download the app and have a functional call...they also have apps for geese, ducks, turkey, deer and hogs available for free...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom