• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I don't think you can possess the WASR, but I could be wrong.

Never heard of that, obviously with stamped items I know the owner cannot lend but if someone has a legal non HBAR (for example) don’t see why they couldn’t lend it to a friend, never transferring ownership.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Someone with expertise, why if splitting does a person need to sell all their firearms? Just in case of nasty ex, and current Red Flag laws?
    Can't you contract, that you get to keep your guns, and the misses can keep all her shoes, handbags, and jewelry?
    In know in my case, the wife has more accessories, than I have gun stuff, but doesn't mean I'd make her sell it all.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I do know that if it goes to an FFL, it has to go into their bound book- which is a transfer. The FFL couldn't transfer it back. People have had this issue pawning/consigning handguns without an HQL.

I stored guns at Duffy’s. No transfer, just itemized receipt and possession of the only key to Duffy’s locker my guns were stored in. Don’t remember the exact cost but it was pretty cheap for a year.

planktonadbc

Jun 20, 2013
    Harpers Ferry
    Due to a pending issue with my ex, I'm preemptively planning on selling my firearms. I can always buy more later, but for the time being, I think it's best i divest myself.

It's been a while since I've been active here and even a while since I've even gone to the range.

I'm looking for some recommendations for some local shops to sell/consign my small collection. AR lower, WASR, SKS's, Sig 9mm, Bersa Thunder, Mosin's, lever rifles, Saiga 12 project...

Any help would be appreciated. It was a tough decision, but it's the best for my current situation.

EDIT:

I'm in Howard County, but willing to drive. I'll put together a list and post it up as well.

Hi, I PM you. I can help you with the WASR and mosins.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Due to a pending issue with my ex, I'm preemptively planning on selling my firearms. I can always buy more later, but for the time being, I think it's best i divest myself.

It's been a while since I've been active here and even a while since I've even gone to the range.

I'm looking for some recommendations for some local shops to sell/consign my small collection. AR lower, WASR, SKS's, Sig 9mm, Bersa Thunder, Mosin's, lever rifles, Saiga 12 project...

Any help would be appreciated. It was a tough decision, but it's the best for my current situation.

EDIT:

I'm in Howard County, but willing to drive. I'll put together a list and post it up as well.

"Shops" will not give you what they're worth. Sell them to private parties, after researching online what they're going for by private sellers. You can always list a little high, then negotiate. Most "shops" will offer you a pittance, to gouge profits from resale.

Make sure you follow the laws. There are people on here, NOT POLITICIANS, who can guide you. All you need to do is request help.

ISODiopter

Dec 20, 2013
    Ceciltucky
    Storage / no access perhaps?

Sounds like a FBI feeler post haha.

An acquaintance once described a buddy system whereas, if certain health events occurred, the buddy knows where things like keys, "art", a filled out check, etc are kept and knows what to do, legally, with those things.

Along those lines, perhaps you can draw up a legal agreement and store your stuff with a friend with the absolute stipulation that you are to have no access for x years, and retrieving them at that time requires an affidavit from 5 specific people plus a passed criminal background check.. or something like that.

Or is that somehow not on the level? Why can't a person hand their stuff to a non prohibited person and ask to have no access until a divorce is settled plus one year or something. No access is no access right? Or technically just because you can bring a sheriff with you and retrieve your property, is an agreement useless.. ?

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    I'd be interested in an SKS and maybe a Mosin. If they go to a FFL dealer to consign, he or she would would probably need to charge a commission. I live in Lisbon.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Think about putting everything into a trust then transferring the trust to a trustee who removes you. Then have them add you back on later. Then you can remove the trustee after that. The only transfer that happens is you putting the guns into the trust. Not sure how that part works with the banned firearms. Call Stoeffer legal, they are good.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    An acquaintance once described a buddy system whereas, if certain health events occurred, the buddy knows where things like keys, "art", a filled out check, etc are kept and knows what to do, legally, with those things.

You know, that's not a bad idea.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Think about putting everything into a trust then transferring the trust to a trustee who removes you. Then have them add you back on later. Then you can remove the trustee after that. The only transfer that happens is you putting the guns into the trust. Not sure how that part works with the banned firearms. Call Stoeffer legal, they are good.

The only problem is, the trust cannot accept a banned firearm, as that is a transfer.

But it would work for non-banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom