• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Delaware lacks a real forum like Maryland Shooters. It has been tossed around for Delaware Sportsmen Association or Delaware Gun Rights to develop or add a forum but time will tell?

Just a thought to inform more Delaware gun owners how many DE folks visit this section to stay informed ?

Sound off:

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    well, delaware native here, but not current resident. i joined this place as folks here seem to keep up with legal events in the 2a community. generally, the folks here are right on top of events. thanks to all!

i am also a member of one of the delaware forums. pretty dead (two posts in the last 7 days, and one was exactly 7 days ago). i don't use facebook, so not much to see there. i think you, adit, and a few others do a fair job of posting up delaware stuff. again, thanks. in general the delaware only forums and their user bases are just too small for active discussion. mho. at their busiest, they have small shots of activity, then things are quiet.

i still get back about once a year for family/friends or hunting stuff, and like to keep informed. but since i left ... wow, a little over 15 years ago!!! they are getting hard core dem/lib. and anti 2a.

it's interesting that the states equivalent of the 2a was only adopted in the 1980's iirc. at least they can not say most flavors of modern firearms didn't exist when it was ratified. i never really noticed that until several years ago, as they started swinging more anti.

§ 20. Right to keep and bear arms.

Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.

and in response to the post in the other thread, about the current delaware legislative session, yeah, the kilmington part of NCC where my family was, and a couple still are, it's a total sh!+hole!

several years back there 5 people shot in what was reported to be a drug deal gone bad, just down the street from where i grew up. and aunt/cousin hear gunshots on a semi-regular basis less than a mile away. a couple times a year, at least.

anyway, please keep up the good work updating the delaware aspect!

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    They have DELOC it is more an open carry forum. Still some good info.

Nobody

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    There was one but it fell on its Face. Never really took off. Don’t remember the page name

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    I attended the NRA ILA meeting held in Georgetown 2 weeks ago this was discussed to increase awareness of legislation facing DE gun owners. D.S.S.A. sponsored a meeting last night in Middletown hosting all the shooting clubs to increase communication from D.S.S.A. to the clubs to cascade to their membership so action can be taken to oppose legislation. So it might seem not all viewers here are members of various clubs so more we can inform the more influence on Legislative Hall.

I agree "Audit" on top of his game informing us

Mr H

Banana'd
    I attended the NRA ILA meeting held in Georgetown 2 weeks ago this was discussed to increase awareness of legislation facing DE gun owners. D.S.S.A. sponsored a meeting last night in Middletown hosting all the shooting clubs to increase communication from D.S.S.A. to the clubs to cascade to their membership so action can be taken to oppose legislation. So it might seem not all viewers here are members of various clubs so more we can inform the more influence on Legislative Hall.

I agree "Audit" on top of his game informing us

Creating coalitions is a great way to start, but be careful to allow any leadership to grow naturally, rather than to appoint or accept an instant figurehead.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    They have DELOC it is more an open carry forum. Still some good info.

Nobody
    The forum doesn't seem to have the activity it once had. They started a FB page a few years back and i think most post there now. Its an open group and allows anyone to read posts.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    interestingly, i do frequent that forum, and it is as you noted. rather inactive.

right now, there as about 12 threads posted in the last week. 10 of them are chinese spammer posts, created last night. "buy china rfid" and so on. mod hasn't cleaned it yet.

i don't do farcebook, though the wife does. i've checked out their fb page, and it seems pretty inactive. maybe i am just not familiar with farcebook enough to root through the page properly. (just giving the benefit of the doubt)

The forum doesn't seem to have the activity it once had. They started a FB page a few years back and i think most post there now. Its an open group and allows anyone to read posts.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    interestingly, i do frequent that forum, and it is as you noted. rather inactive.

right now, there as about 12 threads posted in the last week. 10 of them are chinese spammer posts, created last night. "buy china rfid" and so on. mod hasn't cleaned it yet.

i don't do farcebook, though the wife does. i've checked out their fb page, and it seems pretty inactive. maybe i am just not familiar with farcebook enough to root through the page properly. (just giving the benefit of the doubt)

I stopped following the FB page some time ago. There seemed to be a lot of "uncivilized bantering" by those that weren't members of the original forum. Unfortunately , that's what happens on many FB groups these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom