• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From the application instructions, here are the acceptable forms of ID.

Attachments

• instructions.jpg
      instructions.jpg
      91.8 KB · Views: 212

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Checking box 20 does say "you must provide the same types of documentation" as 18 OR 19, but then why does only question 18 specifically say "two" forms? It is not clear. I took that as meaning "one of same types". I wasn't asked for two - just handed over my DL and NH ccw and that was that.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    No 300 round requirement

Where does the 300 round requirement come from?

Also, does the second ID need to have an address. I've go5t nothing. Passport has old address. Titles have old address. Boating license has old address. WTF?

I think you misread. There is no 300 round requirement. Apparently, there is a 50 round requirement. My class was minimum 300 rounds, so the point was to show them a course description that states that it was a 300 round course. The MSP Cert. that I submitted to get my MD CCW permit simply stated that I got 25/25 shots, and did not state how many rounds were fired as part of the course.

It is supposed to take about 90 days for a decision. It appears, from what I've read, that if they do not waive the 16 hour course requirement, I would have 45 days to take the course.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    FYI I know two people who applied late Sept have received their DC CCL by mail (about 5 and 6 weeks). Not exactly discreet, comes in an envelope marked "Metropolitan police 'Gun Registration'."

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So no more drives to 300 Indiana Ave to pick it up?

How progressive of them.

When I renewed Sgt King asked why I came in person. Told him I wanted a short turn around time. He then told me that mailed in renewals are turned around as soon as they open the envelope, not stuck in a pile to get processed and are mailed out the next day.

Might go that route next time.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    i suppose new permits you must appear in person to pay your gun registration fee ?
    You get one free registration with a carry permit. They took my gun registration application when I submitted for the carry permit.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Bad news for me

I submitted evidence of my Maryland CCW course, which had a 300 round shooting component, with a 25 shot test.

A Milton Agurs, who appears to me a civilian employee, informed me that my MD course is not sufficient, because the TESTING portion (25 shot test that is reported to MSP), is only 25 rounds. He is suggesting that a test has to be 50 rounds.

Looks like I will have to take the dame course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom