• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    She confused "safest city in the U.S." with "most dangerous city in the world per square mile". Easy mistake to make. ;)

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    DC has the highest number of cops per capita for their residents...with all the federal agencies they all have their own PD. The US Mint has their own police. The USSC has their own PD the list goes on. they are still not any safer than Texas

Isn't Texas practically a war zone with the drug cartels?

Yep, DC is about the same...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Im not siding with her but I have no problem saying the city is getting safer thanks to gentrification. The robbery problem is on the rise but thats a social problem that needs addressed.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    DC has the highest number of cops per capita for their residents...with all the federal agencies they all have their own PD. The US Mint has their own police. The USSC has their own PD the list goes on. they are still not any safer than Texas
    Oh and don't forget the DC Public Library Police!

I'm not kidding. I was on Georgia Ave. recently and spotted an unfamiliar police car and there it was.....not a security guard car with amber or green lights, but a real police car, with red and blue lights, police graphics, and all of the other accoutrements one would expect to find on a police vehicle.

I guess MPD is too busy to collect overdue books.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Nice quote but what does that say about us in Maryland? I do not believe I deserve Owe'Malley. That being said I do believe DC voters deserve the lack of representation that exists for them. Hypocritical, I know but oh well.

What is says about us is we are outnumbered by the takers. And we haven't worked hard enough to get a majority representation in Annapolis and an executive branch that doesn't have rectal/cranial inversion.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Is she perhaps taking advantage of some of DC's fine medicinal marijuana? She sure seems out of touch with reality. DC is the safest for who? Politicians maybe. Citizens? No way.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I would invite her to the south-east side at 1 am. I think she would soil herself.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Im not siding with her but I have no problem saying the city is getting safer thanks to gentrification. The robbery problem is on the rise but thats a social problem that needs addressed.

I see what your saying, but I would not feel very safe with robbery on the rise.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Oh and don't forget the DC Public Library Police!

I'm not kidding. I was on Georgia Ave. recently and spotted an unfamiliar police car and there it was.....not a security guard car with amber or green lights, but a real police car, with red and blue lights, police graphics, and all of the other accoutrements one would expect to find on a police vehicle.

I guess MPD is too busy to collect overdue books.

Bet they have a SWAT team. No knocks for overdue Dr Suess books.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    If I had the level of security at my workplace that she does, I would feel the same way. D.C. may very well seem safe to her because she's a member of the aristocracy. The aristocracy is always safe until ... they aren't.

The problem is not so much that she's wrong, it's that her statement evinces a lack of connection with the world the rest of us live in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom