• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Have to say that his latest reaction are not surprising based on your original post
    Start a log if you haven't already and do that RF emissions worksheet. Next time he asks if you were transmitting at a time, ask him exactly what time that was and tell him you'll check your log. Tell him that you have performed an FCC review of your station and that everything is well within acceptable limits. The log and review are part of your station records available for FCC review if every asked by the FCC. If he still persist after that, a lawyer may be needed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    How old is he? Dementia? Meds problems? Ask his wife if he has a uti, can't that cause mental issues?

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    Thank Vette for the advise. I considered running an inverted V but watched a youtube vid with said antenna in an inverted V and the SWR was over 3:1. When he straighten it out that dropped to a respectable 2:1.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Thank Vette for the advise. I considered running an inverted V but watched a youtube vid with said antenna in an inverted V and the SWR was over 3:1. When he straighten it out that dropped to a respectable 2:1.
    Don't let that stop you. Each installation is going to have a different SWR. The internal tuner should be able to handle it for you either way.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    I want to thank Vette97 (Pat) for coming over with his drone today to help me put my Windom OCF back up. I posted earlier that it came down in a high wind storm.

Pat posted two videos on FB tonight showing the drone dropping the weighted line. If he sees this, he might post it here too.

Thanks again Pat!

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I want to thank Vette97 (Pat) for coming over with his drone today to help me put my Windom OCF back up. I posted earlier that it came down in a high wind storm.

Pat posted two videos on FB tonight showing the drone dropping the weighted line. If he sees this, he might post it here too.

Thanks again Pat!
    You are very welcome! I enjoy getting the chance to get the drone in the air for things like this.

https://youtu.be/mkCSMzpJ-3I

https://youtu.be/2vQ2mWl06ZM

Phantom 3 with a remote release and arborist's 12oz weight and throw line.

73s!
    Pat

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Wow Pat you willing to come over to Brookeville some time and do a drop over at my place? Sure beats a sling shot.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Wow Pat you willing to come over to Brookeville some time and do a drop over at my place? Sure beats a sling shot.

I wish I could but you have some airspace restrictions I don't have here in Carroll. All airspace is categorized by the FAA and drones are required to follow those same rules. There is a 30 mile ring around DC which requires all aircraft to have a transponder. In Carroll, we have nearby airports which require me to notify airport managers of planned flights, but it's uncontrolled airspace. Brooksville is in the 30mi ring. So, that's a no go for a drone that has no transponder.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    You are very welcome! I enjoy getting the chance to get the drone in the air for things like this.

Phantom 3 with a remote release and arborist's 12oz weight and throw line.

What remote release do you use? I've got an older P4 Std and have looked at the FliFli but at $150 its out of my current budget. Thought about making one but I'm not there with the electronics bench yet. Still learning.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    What remote release do you use? I've got an older P4 Std and have looked at the FliFli but at $150 its out of my current budget. Thought about making one but I'm not there with the electronics bench yet. Still learning.
    Look for "Top Race Drone Clip Remote Control Object Launcher" on Amazon. It's. $25 and the first one I got broke but they had free returns. It's cheap tech and you need to have good line of sight between your remote and the drone to trigger the solenoid. Mine worked generally well but started to be intermittent this weekend. I may need to recharge the lithium battery in the drone unit. It has a tiny battery and comes with a USB charger. The remote unit has 3 watch batteries in it. It has a Velcro strap and I put mine in place behind the camera.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Moved into a house back in June. Hoping to erect a few antennas before winter. Good news is there are no antenna restrictions. Will probably go with a ground mounted vertical for starters. Would like to put a small tribander on the roof, but that will have to wait for now.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    hey:
    I need to buy some radios for working at Reagan Airport. we have a call sign and three frequencies set up already. anyone here recommend a local distributor?

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    hey:
    I need to buy some radios for working at Reagan Airport. we have a call sign and three frequencies set up already. anyone here recommend a local distributor?
    I work at such a place if you want to pm me.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    The Carroll County club is again hosting a technician class, Sat & Sun, Nov 3rd & 4th with the test the following Sat, Nov 11th.

Attachments

• tech.jpg
      tech.jpg
      56.4 KB · Views: 154

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads