• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Messed with the Colt 6933 clone a bit more. Put on a KAC RAS, Elbit Falcon, and a Surefire M961... kind of a retro-lite thing going on. I'll swap out the lower for a forged one eventually.

Was I right about that flashlight(can light up three football fields)?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm sure the marketing said anything they wanted but with just 125 lumens it may not do it effectively:D
    Pretty much. I'll put a Nailbender D36 drop-in into it when the bulb goes bad. IMHO, the flashlight enthusiast crowd has gone a little insane lately with regards to lumens... I'll freely admit more is better, but a decade ago, people were describing 120 lumens as "blinding" and so forth. It'll let me see what I'm pointing the gun at at indoor range, which is my primary demand from a weaponlight.

BryanR

Sep 1, 2015
    Finally done with my 9mm SBR

Seems to be a little finicky... got a lot of inspiration from this thread.

Attachments

• A9792D86-EC3F-4391-A35C-84E49834768D.jpg
      A9792D86-EC3F-4391-A35C-84E49834768D.jpg
      76.9 KB · Views: 728

BryanR

Sep 1, 2015
    Just curious, how is it a little finicky?

I have 9mm AR as well. Mine runs fine.

Dave

Feed and ejection problems. I want to shoot it suppressed also, so I am trying to make it run 100% with 147 JHP.

I has been a backburner project that I have worked on and off over about 2 years. I just got the stamp for the suppressor ( SG-2 )....so now I am starting to work on it again. I know I used a heavy buffer, but I think I still have the original Carbine spring. I have a .308 flat spring coming and will give that a go. Hopefully that helps.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Feed and ejection problems. I want to shoot it suppressed also, so I am trying to make it run 100% with 147 JHP.

I has been a backburner project that I have worked on and off over about 2 years. I just got the stamp for the suppressor ( SG-2 )....so now I am starting to work on it again. I know I used a heavy buffer, but I think I still have the original Carbine spring. I have a .308 flat spring coming and will give that a go. Hopefully that helps.

The spring should help you out. You can also try putting a spacer in the buffer tube. Quarters work well.

Put quarters in until the bolt won't lock back. Take out the last one and shoot it. $1.75 seems to be a good starting point.

I think it's still better to have the right spring, buffer combination.

Good luck. There's nothing more fun to shoot than a suppressed 9mm AR.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD

You will find the suppressor will give more back pressure which will help. I use a suppressor on my 5.56 upper when shooting 223 to get it to cycle correctly. No can and I have feed problems.

I have an LRM-169 9mm upper for my M16 and it works great. I use a med to heavy buffer and stock carbine spring and I shoot 9mm, 5.56, 300blk, and other calibers just fine.

Dave

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    New Form 1 can.
    7in using Dead Air KYMO adapter. Lock up is super solid.
    Titanium Tube and endcap from Diversified Machine.
    Can't wait to try it!

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
      IMG_0621.jpg
      51.8 KB · Views: 674
    • IMG_0625.jpg
      IMG_0625.jpg
      26.1 KB · Views: 675

BryanR

Sep 1, 2015
    Installed my new flat spring and went to the range. Initially, I was still having some cycling issues both suppressed and unsuppressed, so I took some slow motion video with my Iphone . Still feeding badly, the Flat spring was a huge improvement.....Blowback was greatly improved and pretty much non-existent with 2 different suppressors attached. Slow-mo video showed the casing coming out of the chamber cleanly, so the extractor was working properly, but the casing was randomly kind of just bouncing all over..in...out....no consistency. I surmised that the ejector was to high and centered, so I stuck my pinky in there and gave it a little pressure to move it outboard and lower. Still needs a little fine tuning, BUT NO MORE PROBLEMS !!!

NO MATTER WHAT.......I think that spring should be tried by anyone having 9mm AR feeding problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom