• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_Lemurs_Carbine

Dec 26, 2011
    Jessup
    Took out my brand new SLR104-31 today and ran into an issue.

Every 10 rounds or so the rifle would cycle very weird and the bolt would totally lock up an inch from being in battery. When I say locked up I mean there was no chance of pulling it back nor slamming it it forward to chamber.

Once I removed the mag it would fire that round that wasn't totally in battery?
    I'm very confused to say the least.
    After about 100 or so rounds I was able to get two full high capacity magazines through it at the end of the day with it not happening again.
    Could this just be the rifle needing to be broken in?

Any info or wisdom on this particular issue with the kalishnikov platform would be awesome.

Thanks!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know what's wrong, but don't shoot that rifle until it is looked at by a qualified gunsmith.

A_Lemurs_Carbine

Dec 26, 2011
    Jessup
    I'm not sure what the issue was... it hasn't done it since.
    I love this rifle so I'm glad what ever it was sorted its self out. I'm wondering if it could have been a few out of spec 7n6 rounds?

aps410

Dec 10, 2015
    Howard County
    Took out my brand new SLR104-31 today and ran into an issue.

Every 10 rounds or so the rifle would cycle very weird and the bolt would totally lock up an inch from being in battery. When I say locked up I mean there was no chance of pulling it back nor slamming it it forward to chamber.

Once I removed the mag it would fire that round that wasn't totally in battery?
    I'm very confused to say the least.
    After about 100 or so rounds I was able to get two full high capacity magazines through it at the end of the day with it not happening again.
    Could this just be the rifle needing to be broken in?

Any info or wisdom on this particular issue with the kalishnikov platform would be awesome.

Thanks!

I assume by "fire that round that wasn't totally in battery" you mean the bolt would come forward after the mag was removed and you were then able to fire the the round. If you have out of battery detonation then that is definitely a qualified gunsmith check up.

It sounds like your mag feed lips were out of spec, are there markings on them? The fact that the problem has gone away seems to indicate the mags are being broken in. As long as it isn't destroying your mags I think you should be fine. You can always take it to a Smith of you're still worried about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom