• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Why a gun stores alarm doesn't immediately dispatch police is beyond me. Totally planned job they've been in there before. Will see where guns turn up. Most likely gang related imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Why a gun stores alarm doesn't immediately dispatch police is beyond me. Totally planned job they've been in there before. Will see where guns turn up. Most likely gang related imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In and gone in 80s. I guess if the station was across the street, they maybe could have seen them leaving...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If they had kept their mouths shut, it would've been a lot more difficult to tell but the accent and cadence is almost unmistakable.

I was sold as soon as the Glocks were #1 priority. "Glock" is a staple in a plethora of rap tunz.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The actual shop is not visible from the street.

Attachments

• united1.jpg
      united1.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 551
    • united 2.jpg
      united 2.jpg
      35.8 KB · Views: 554

MosheDayan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 9, 2017
    ERoC (East of Rock Creek)
    The actual shop is not visible from the street.

Doesn't change your larger point about street visibility, but the circle is in slightly the wrong place. United is the closest brick front to the 220v appliance store (white building).

It does surprise me a bit that the place wasn't more secure, given that Gilbert stores all their rental inventory in walk-in safes.

MosheDayan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 9, 2017
    ERoC (East of Rock Creek)

Clearly they were looking for quick and dirty street resale. If they were going to maximize value, they would have gone to the consignment side, as that has many of the highest dollar value guns in the shop. But I'm guessing a G19 is easier to unload quickly than a .45ACP Liberator or a Nighthawk 1911.

Hopefully, if they had scoped the shop before, they'll still have that security footage and can match to the getaway car from the outside cam.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Doesn't change your larger point about street visibility, but the circle is in slightly the wrong place. United is the closest brick front to the 220v appliance store (white building).

I could not circle the actual location due to the large truck parked in front of the actual location in the pic I posted

Attachments

• united1.jpg
      united1.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 518

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    and leaving them off makes seeing thieves inside impossible.

I have no idea what security best practices are, especially for an FFL

So I am not arm chair quarterbacking the operations.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    most new cams are infrared and see in black and white with no problem in total darkness

Most infrared camera see infrared light in the short IR wavelength part of the spectrum, just beyond human visual sensitivity. If it's total darkness, there's no infrared that a typical security camera see. Long wavelength IR imagers, like thermal vision stuff, are a whole different critter...and much more expensive.

StandUp

Jul 15, 2015
    That video made me sick. All those firearms behind a single door that was easily pried open with a crowbar... How would the IPs here feel if the ATF passed regulations to mandate securing firearms in a safe after closing? Good safes are expensive and it would be a pain in the ass to secure your inventory every night but after watching something like this it just seems crazy not to.

bg71361

Apr 30, 2012
    That video made me sick. All those firearms behind a single door that was easily pried open with a crowbar... How would the IPs here feel if the ATF passed regulations to mandate securing firearms in a safe after closing? Good safes are expensive and it would be a pain in the ass to secure your inventory every night but after watching something like this it just seems crazy not to.

Seriously beat a dead horse much?

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    All of this quarterbacking needs to stop. UGS has already stated in another thread that we don't have all of the info and that the ATF ok'ed their setup previously. There is a lot more info (video too) that none of us currently​ have. Maybe stop blaming the victim. UGS was the victim of a burglary despite what seems to be ample precautions and countermeasures. They don't need your judgement now, they need your support.

DISCLAIMER: I am not associated with UGS in any way, but the armchair quarterbacking is really pissing me off.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

You really need to read the other thread.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

You'd been better off just staying at 3 posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom