• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks for all the help and advice. I think I will start the search for a W&C course before applying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do yourself a favor and don't use the link in the " how to apply" sticky. My please to have it corrected have not been heard.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I received my permit today :party29: with the typical business restrictions.
    Applied 2/6
    Interview 4/13
    Permit arrived 5/15

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    I am also now a MD permit holder

Permit mailed 5/12 and I pulled it out of my mailbox today 5/17....typical business restrictions same as Magnumst

So, unbelievably, I have received a MD carry permit before receiving my VA non-resident permit even after having my MD application returned and re-sent a week later.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am also now a MD permit holder

Permit mailed 5/12 and I pulled it out of my mailbox today 5/17....typical business restrictions same as Magnumst

So, unbelievably, I have received a MD carry permit before receiving my VA non-resident permit even after having my MD application returned and re-sent a week later.

Congrats!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I didn't know it could be revoked on a non-offensive basis. Meaning if I follow the law, and am a responsible gun owner with a W&C permit. Why revoke? But that sounds like Maryland. I love this state, but geez where has the true leadership gone when it comes to protecting life and property (since large amounts of taxable cash deposits seem to be W&C worthy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would suggest that revoking the permit is very unlikely. It is more likely that it will not be renewed if the threat no longer exists in the minds of the licensing division.

Kaffakid

May 14, 2017
    DC
    What is the likelihood of the HPRB removing restrictions. I guess it just depends on the cirucmstances, right?

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Congrats!

Thanks! TBH this started as an experiment to see if I would actually qualify for a MD permit then to see how long the process would take as compared to other states. Florida was the fastest bc of expedited processing for military and veterans, NH was delayed bc of new legislation but still arrived within a reasonable time period....and STILL not a single peep from VA. I honestly thought MD would take about 6 months and VA maybe 2 months.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thanks! TBH this started as an experiment to see if I would actually qualify for a MD permit then to see how long the process would take as compared to other states. Florida was the fastest bc of expedited processing for military and veterans, NH was delayed bc of new legislation but still arrived within a reasonable time period....and STILL not a single peep from VA. I honestly thought MD would take about 6 months and VA maybe 2 months.

You want fast? Go get your PA permit.

York and Adams County are the Jimmy Johns of issuing permits, lol.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    That's unusual. Va usually does arrive on shorter time frame.

I just got a receipt from VA from my packet that was mailed over a month ago. It basically saild that my payment has been processed and that the current wait time was 120 days from the date of the receipt.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    So what is the point of getting one if not a resident? Isn't UT more bang for the buck?

I acutally have a UT permit, this was more of an experiment for me.

And I must say I like the idea of having the state issued permit for the state I'm traveling in if I'm ever stopped. Although tbh in all the years that I have had CCW permits I've only carried maybe once or twice.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Ok so I pulled my VA non-resident permit out of the mail today. Post mark was 9 Jun 2017, application was mailed Jan 24th

DaftPict

Aug 20, 2012
    Escaped to Hedgesville WV
    I was surprised today that I got my denial in only 83 days rather than the 120+ I'd been told to expect by the investigator...
    I've been following the HPRB threads but it's now time to try and make some meetings in person whilst I prepare my appeal around xmas 2018 when they get through the queue....
    Dammit, I'm a reasonable person but I'm somewhat disgruntled (major understatement) today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom