• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    Is anyone familiar with this suppressor? What caliber/platform is it meant for and how does it attach? The whole is bigger then 5.56 so I would assume 7.62×39/51 or 9mm? Thanks!
    IMG
    01bd61ba96fefa5b0be02fcd96fb0eea.jpg
    b4f3ddd6c531d2b308a70abcd4451c4c.jpg
    e002fc033e3b701ce355e4eae16ee143.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    Thanks for the quick replies! Is that a real thing? How would that attach to the firearm?
    Last q... Is there anything dangerous in trying old suppressors without know there history? (assuming they have no visible damage)

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    The 1st queston when finding an old supressor is wheres the stamp?
    That question needs to be answered first.
    Also an X Ray place or machine shop should be able to inspect it for any damage not obvious to the naked eye.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    Its neither civilian or American so stamps are not a problem lol
    And I don't have access to an Cray machine :(

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    Judging by the uniforms I can see I'll guess IDF. Probably a local manufacture for 7.62x39. Looks like some type of QD mounting where the wrench flats are. I ran into several similar items during time in Bosnia and Afghanistan. The typical Bosnian supressors were quite well made and threaded onto AK and RPK-47s.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    This is indeed the idf. A friend was cleaning out an old armory and found loads of old suppressors, night vision, and sights. Long story short none of the items were cataloged or even in use so the armorer just have them to my friend. Most of the suppressors seemed in pretty bad shape but there were a handful of one's that looked a shootable. The 5.56 ones are recognizable but these I had no idea what they Were used for and how they are supposed to attach to the intended firearm. Thanks for the answer joe, that seems the most possible.

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    No problem. Just a barely educated guess on my part. I wouldn't suggest using it without finding the proper muzzle attachment device first and thoroughly inspecting the suppressor. It looks like it may be possible to disassemble it for cleaning and inspection. I saw one work itself loose from the muzzle of an RPK and try to act like a rifle grenade because the guy shooting it didn't stop to occasionally check that the suppressor was screwed on tightly. Full auto fire tends to jar the weapon just a little bit. Plus the added weight on the end of the barrel made it start to droop when it worked loose until there was a baffle strike and downrange she went. Soldiers really like the happy switch.

off the x

Feb 7, 2017
    looks like it has nipples on the inside could of attached by push and a twist to attach to the weapon kind of like a commercial air compressor connection

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The 1st queston when finding an old supressor is wheres the stamp?
    That question needs to be answered first.
    Also an X Ray place or machine shop should be able to inspect it for any damage not obvious to the naked eye.

^^^this

To have this, you are required to hold a stamp.

:sign07:

Attachments

• emily-litella.jpg
      emily-litella.jpg
      25.3 KB · Views: 133
    Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    ^^^this

To have this, you are required to hold a stamp.

Only in the US, which people are assuming is where he is. If people would have read further into the thread, they would have realized he is and IDF office, so US rules and laws do not apply.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Only in the US, which people are assuming is where he is. If people would have read further into the thread, they would have realized he is and IDF office, so US rules and laws do not apply.

You are right, of course. I'm guilty of 'dropping in'.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    This is indeed the idf. A friend was cleaning out an old armory and found loads of old suppressors, night vision, and sights. Long story short none of the items were cataloged or even in use so the armorer just have them to my friend. Most of the suppressors seemed in pretty bad shape but there were a handful of one's that looked a shootable. The 5.56 ones are recognizable but these I had no idea what they Were used for and how they are supposed to attach to the intended firearm. Thanks for the answer joe, that seems the most possible.

Anything good in the night vision or sight piles? :Any night vision you want to get rid of?:brows:

I wonder if the NV would even be legal to ship here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom