• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoeMurrda

Feb 19, 2016
    That looks sweet- I've always wondered how those type of guns shoot, and if the fun factor negates any other deficiencies it may have- please update once you've gotten to play with it.

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Way cool ! Did you get the 5.5in in the link, or the correct bbl length ?

Deficiencies? This is exactly what it is supposed to be , and better than the Originals. If you want a SA revolver of state of the art modern design, both Ruger and Freedom Arms will be glad to take your monwy, depending upon your budget.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    .38 Special is a great round. With a 158 grain slug, decent velocity, and modest recoil in a gun of that weight, you should have lots of fun with it once it gets released from Maryland handgun parole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Awesome! I understand these can be hard to find.
    I didn't know that.
    Way cool ! Did you get the 5.5in in the link, or the correct bbl length ?

Deficiencies? This is exactly what it is supposed to be , and better than the Originals. If you want a SA revolver of state of the art modern design, both Ruger and Freedom Arms will be glad to take your monwy, depending upon your budget.
    Yep, the 5.5 in bbl in the link.
    .38 Special is a great round. With a 158 grain slug, decent velocity, and modest recoil in a gun of that weight, you should have lots of fun with it once it gets released from Maryland handgun parole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on having fun with it, and yeah gotta wait till next thursday when it is eligible for parole....Thanks Maryland....NOT!!!!!

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I didn't know that.

Yep, the 5.5 in bbl in the link.

I plan on having fun with it, and yeah gotta wait till next thursday when it is eligible for parole....Thanks Maryland....NOT!!!!!

If you want to come out to Annapolis and play Cowboys, let me know. You can borrow the other fun guns.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Very cool! And it was in stock, locally? Where, if you don't mind my asking?
    It was in stock, but only because it was a consignment gun. Guy wanted to sell it to fund another project. This was at The Gun Shop in Essex.

They also have one of these in stock from the same guy.
    http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/thunderer-stainless-357-magnum-4-3-4.html

Both are in excellent condition. The only difference between the one in the store and the one in the link is that the one in the store has the white grips instead. I know mine was sold as used, but had never been fired. I think that is the case with this one as well, but not 100% sure.

EDIT
    It is the third gun down in this link.
    http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/products/revolvers/single-actions/finish-options-hand-guns-1.html

I almost got talked into getting them both, but I waffled. Now I'm thinking I should have grabbed them both....

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nope, but neither or SAA's and clones thereof. Just load five and keep empty chamber under the hammer, the way God and Sam'l Colt intended ( unless attack by fractous Commanches is imminent).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom