• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Thought I should take a minute to introduce myself. I have posted a little, forgot to do this when I first joined.

Thanks to those responsible for putting this together! Looks like an awesome community, and I am happy to be here.

Thanks to all that have already helped with answers to some of my questions.

About me....
    Born in Baltimore and lived there until entering the service in '73. Moved to Pa. after and then to Columbia where I raised my wonderful children after divorcing the ex!
    Became a master electrician, ran and owned companies, and am now disabled.
    I was an avid hunter from 78-07 when health interfered. I have always loved to shoot.
    Recently built my first AR-15, and it sparked a flame touching off my desire to collect some C&R items. This is motivated primarily by the laws in this God forsaken state and my refusal to comply with those I feel violate my rights.

Thankfully, I have found this community and am learning more about firearms every day. Kind of my new hobby.

My other hobbies include playing the guitar(49 years now), working on computers, and I run RB-HC.com which is a hardcore sim-racing league following the NASCAR schedules.

I have a Beagle that is the smartest dog I have ever known, and my children have made me very proud. I love my God, my family, and my country and remember the oath many of us took many years ago. To those that would do any of the things we love harm, be advised, we were never relieved of duty!

Again, thank you for allowing me to join!:gun2:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome Nick.

Stand by for the Beagle Brigade.

And tell us about your guitar(s).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 236

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Welcome Nick.

Stand by for the Beagle Brigade.

And tell us about your guitar(s).

I have an old Vox acoustic that was made sometime around 1970 and I play that most of the time. Purchased it from a service buddy. Appalation Bluegrass put a pickup in the bridge for me years ago and told me it was quite rare. It has a great tone and the action is one of the best I have ever played.

My other treasure is an El Degas. It is a copy of a Gibson SG. The guy I bought it from in '77 was also a service buddy and had the neck worked on. It plays like it, too. Years ago one of the pickups failed, so I had it replaced with a DiMarzio super humbucking, distortion pickup!

I haven't played out in over 10 years, but still give lessons and play frequently.

Of all the guys I met while in the service, I am still in touch with both of the guys I bought these guitars from. I think they miss the guitars. :)

These are two of my oldest posessions

Mini14Tom

Nobody in particular.
    Aug 4, 2013
    East Frederick Co.
    Welcome Nick,

Well if you like cars as well as guns, guitars and dogs you have plenty of soul brothers here. I am a novice guitar player at the age of 78 starting with an early 90's Ibanez electric, purchased from a member here, and a new PRS-SE semi-hollow body that is fantastic. Enjoy the fellowship that abounds on this forum.

Mini14Tom

Nobody in particular.
    Aug 4, 2013
    East Frederick Co.
    By the way Nick, thank you for your service. I'm also a veteran, U.S.Army Ordinance Corps 1961-1964 and a former technician with IBM for 29 years in Field Service, an ex-racer with the SCCA for about 16 years until I was 60, a race fan of F1, IndyCar, Nascar or anything with wheels and now a firearms hobbyist with seven handguns and counting plus a rifle and shotgun. So you see I, and many others on this forum, have parallel experience and interests to yours and there is much to bond us in our discussions here. Enjoy this resource for it is unmatched, in my view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom