• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sound like Howard County has repealed theirs and Baltimore City is getting ready to and waving a white flag in the meantime. That speaks to how poor they felt their cases for defense were. Usually democrats are always prepared to happily throw away millions of dollars of others people's money to defend weapons control laws.

Wonder how this affects Baltimore County. They were part of that suit too IIRC.

And finally, this is awful because I should know this, but did Harford County's ban ever get repealed? I know they had a demoncratic councilman sneak one in some years ago and not sure if it ever get repealed or not.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Yes, stand alone thread xovering it. 4-1 in favor of repeal,

That is, knew they were wrong, snuck it in with lies and feeble minded followers and finallyy got called out only to spare themselves some shame.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Sound like Howard County has repealed theirs and Baltimore City is getting ready to and waving a white flag in the meantime. That speaks to how poor they felt their cases for defense were. Usually democrats are always prepared to happily throw away millions of dollars of others people's money to defend weapons control laws.

And finally, this is awful because I should know this, but did Harford County's ban ever get repealed? I know they had a demoncratic councilman sneak one in some years ago and not sure if it ever get repealed or not.

I believe it was after the public outcry when that middle-of-the-aisle vendor in the Harford Mall got in trouble for selling them.

Go to the end of this thread

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=146160&page=3

Mr H

Banana'd

Last I heard, Kommienuts wanted to fight it. Hope he gets them handed to him.

There are also Analpolis and Ocean City with ECD bans.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Analpolis has caved, admitting the ban is likely Unconstitutional. Baltimore City sounds to be next.

Now that "bearable arms" have standing, I can only hope this rationale can be turned back around and used for carry of firearms...

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

I've got an email from Scott Shellenberger (BalCo SA) from July that says that he and Mike Field (another attorney for the county) agreed that they had to stop enforcing that law following the SCOTUS decision.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    my take is... here's your crumb. you can use tasers which are less than lethal and now you can defend yourself.. so why do you need to carry a firearm? we gave you a way to defend yourself...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The law is still on the books in BaltCo though. Residents are still unable to lawfully purchase a taser.
    (psssst, this plaintiff would know ;))

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    my take is... here's your crumb. you can use tasers which are less than lethal and now you can defend yourself.. so why do you need to carry a firearm? we gave you a way to defend yourself...
    I fear you may be correct

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Baltimore County is historically one of the most anti-gun counties in the state. They'll drag this out. They always do.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The law is still on the books in BaltCo though. Residents are still unable to lawfully purchase a taser.
    (psssst, this plaintiff would know ;))

I didn't know that Baltimore County was a party to a Taser suit at this point. More details have to be somewhere around here?

I haven't been in a rush to go get one, but if push every came to shove, I imagine an email from the SA saying they weren't enforcing it would be the end of matters. Still, I'd love to see the law off the books. :thumbsup:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I didn't know that Baltimore County was a party to a Taser suit at this point. More details have to be somewhere around here?

I haven't been in a rush to go get one, but if push every came to shove, I imagine an email from the SA saying they weren't enforcing it would be the end of matters. Still, I'd love to see the law off the books. :thumbsup:

https://www.arsenalattorneys.com/firearms-blog

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom