• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Tom, I really feel for you. Living just a short distance from you and having experienced 2 break ins, I understand your immediate and long term concerns. Sadly Maryland blows at keeping criminals off the streets to protect the law abiding citizens. I essentially live 2 doors away from the criminals who robbed me and yet recently discovered the father who robbed me first is now out of prison after only serving less than 1/3 of his original sentence of 10 years. Meanwhile his juvenile son has been free basically 1 5 years since his slap on the wrist sentence. Sure hope you are able to come up with swift justice, a permit ASAP and the safest resolution possible.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Tom, I really feel for you. Living just a short distance from you and having experienced 2 break ins, I understand your immediate and long term concerns. Sadly Maryland blows at keeping criminals off the streets to protect the law abiding citizens. I essentially live 2 doors away from the criminals who robbed me and yet recently discovered the father who robbed me first is now out of prison after only serving less than 1/3 of his original sentence of 10 years. Meanwhile his juvenile son has been free basically 1 5 years since his slap on the wrist sentence. Sure hope you are able to come up with swift justice, a permit ASAP and the safest resolution possible.

I'm guessing that you don't have a MD CCP, and from what you've described, if you've been denied after an application process, that's criminal.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    While I am thrilled to hear that they are expediting your application, I am curious to hear how they can work around the 16 hour training requirement

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Is your application based on the kid with the gun only or is the second kid thrown in the mix? If they are incarcerated does your permit get revoked since they are no longer a threat? Does it get reestablished when they're released? How's does the state measure the seriousness of the continuity of the threat?
    I hope this guy and his friends just go away and leave you alone.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Is your application based on the kid with the gun only or is the second kid thrown in the mix? If they are incarcerated does your permit get revoked since they are no longer a threat? Does it get reestablished when they're released? How's does the state measure the seriousness of the continuity of the threat?

It is being based on his threat, the threat of the two, one of which I don't know, as well as other associates of the bad guy.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Don't forget that Woolard (of the Wollard v O'Malley case) got a permit for a very similar situation, and that permit was denied a renewal after the perp was released.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Ok, scum bag plea bargained, assault dropped, guilty to reckless endangerment. 6 months, suspended. 2 years probation.
    So, as far as I know, the is still a pistol and rifle in the house.
    He failed "a few" pretrial drug tests, how many times will he have to fail drug test to be in violation of probation, and get cuffed and stuffed again?

GAL700

Jun 8, 2016
    AA County
    "So, as far as I know, there is still a pistol and rifle in the house"

:mad54:

This is exactly what is wrong with existing gun laws pushed by MD demorats, they don't enforce them or at least on criminals. What is the MSP doing about that ?

If I were you I would address that directly with a call and email for documentation purposes with MSP, AG office and the Mayors office. Something in writing is hard to disprove if you get in a situation where you need to defend yourself for defending yourself.

Please be vigilant and stay safe.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    IANAL, based on the dumb crap a family member did:

Supervised probation, they have to sign a document informing them that they are to avoid drugs and alcohol. If they fail to heed the agreement, upon re-arrest - they would then get the book thrown at them for all of the nolle-prossed (discretionary prosecution later) charged from before.

Unsupervised probation, rinse and repeat arrest, trial, then supervised probation.

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    "6 months, suspended. 2 years probation."
    Unbelievable threaten a person's life with a 12 gauge and this is what you get?!
    The Criminal Justice system in MD appears to be designed to assist the criminal and not the victim
    The law abiding citizen needs an HQL to buy a handgun but a dangerous criminal walks the street with his weapons

Stay Safe

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom