• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I have to renew my permit and am having trouble getting the application. Does anyone have it on their computer they can email. PM for email

Thanks

NOBODY

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just visit this page:

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...singDivision/Firearms/WearandCarryPermit.aspx

and look for the text that says:

To Access the Wear and Carry Application click on the link below:

Wear and Carry Application​​​​​

Where the words "Wear and Carry Application" are a link. That link takes you here:

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Documents/WearandCarryApplicatio30.pdf

Which is where things get a little odd. My browser shows a simple PDF file that says "Please wait ... (blah blah blah)" as if it's supposed to redirect or reload the normal full document. It never did.

BUT BUT BUT if you use the Download control in the displayed document, it hands you the complete PDF file you're looking for. If you don't see that or can't get to it, PM me with an email and I'll send it along.

Edit: I did this with Chrome running on Windows.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Just visit this page:

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...singDivision/Firearms/WearandCarryPermit.aspx

and look for the text that says:

Where the words "Wear and Carry Application" are a link. That link takes you here:

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Documents/WearandCarryApplicatio30.pdf

Which is where things get a little odd. My browser shows a simple PDF file that says "Please wait ... (blah blah blah)" as if it's supposed to redirect or reload the normal full document. It never did.

BUT BUT BUT if you use the Download control in the displayed document, it hands you the complete PDF file you're looking for. If you don't see that or can't get to it, PM me with an email and I'll send it along.

Edit: I did this with Chrome running on Windows.

PM inbound

NOBODY

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Are you opening it directly in your web browser while reading your mail, or DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT as a file to your local machine, and then opening it with Adobe reader (NOT your browser)?

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Filled out, off to MSP tomorrow after getting pictures.

Thanks Again

NOBODY

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If you are close to my office come and fill out the form at my place . I have it saved on the front page of my computer . I am in Curtis Bay

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Thanks Welder, I was a welder in the US Army and in the civilian world before magic and balloon art took over, I got it opened thanks to Occam, I filled it out last night and in a few am off to get pictures and send to the powers that be for renewal. I hope I get the same conditions on my renewal as I have on my current but hold no real expectations.

NOBODY

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Please, for the love of god, never recommend someone use Internet Shitsplorer. It's one of the worst browsers available. Firefox or Chrome, even with the heavy CPU hog that Chrome is, is far better.

The main reason this comes up is that, believe it or not, there are still some sites out there with older user-facing transactional web sites that break if you're not using that browser. I think MOST of those are dead these days, but it still happens. Wasn't the issue in this case, though - it's the silly design of the actual PDF file in question, and how it behaves in browser-based previews.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Please, for the love of god, never recommend someone use Internet Shitsplorer. It's one of the worst browsers available. Firefox or Chrome, even with the heavy CPU hog that Chrome is, is far better.

I don't recommend it the MSP does. When I did my last renewal I used it and located the application just fine.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

Except when it comes to Msp's websites for wear and carry and firearms applications, internet explorer or edge are REQUIRED.

Using a different browser is the #1 error associated with those sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom