• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I carried for the 1st time today since obtaining my permit in DC. I have got to admit it felt weird crossing the line into DC and not having to be disarmed. It was surreal that I could walk down the street and not worry about having a empty shell casing or god forbid a loaded round in my pocket/bag.

Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    I carried for the 1st time today since obtaining my permit in DC. I have got to admit it felt weird crossing the line into DC and not having to be disarmed. It was surreal that I could walk down the street and not worry about having a empty shell casing or god forbid a loaded round in my pocket/bag.

As long as it matches the caliber of one of your registered firearms, so I've heard. Sigh. Congrats tho!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    No surprisingly, it didn't jump out of my holster and spray all (10 rounds) at the innocents around me.:rolleyes:

Moms Demand Action are collectively shocked. Congrats on the DC permit. I never would have believed it.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Congrats and as mentioned above did you break out the gun free zone booby trap map?

Attachments

• 45AF23B5-D610-4D60-8E7C-964FCA7F5231.jpg
      45AF23B5-D610-4D60-8E7C-964FCA7F5231.jpg
      177.7 KB · Views: 845

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Congrats and as mentioned above did you break out the gun free zone booby trap map?

The map is utterly bogus and people who used to respect John Lott now are convinced he is an idiot. Not one single attorney specializing in gun law agrees with Lott and his idiotic and bogus map. People with actual expertise have asked him to withdraw it as obviously incorrect and he refused to do so. I will never quote Lott again since I now doubt anything he writes or contends after knowing he simply will not admit it when he is glaringly wrong

As long as it matches the caliber of one of your registered firearms, so I've heard. Sigh. Congrats tho!
    That part of the code was removed

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    "Carried in DC for the 1st Time today"

Congrats. I think we were in the same training class at MSAR @two weeks ago. When did you submit your application? I am wondering what their timetable is. I know it is supposed to be 90 days, but I have seen some grumbling.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That map was incorrectly posted by John Lott and is based on an enhanced penalty statute and has been debunked by lawyers and MPDC itself.

With the exception of the White House, the Observatory and the Mall monuments, DC isn’t as bad as some other states’ restrictions

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    That map was incorrectly posted by John Lott and is based on an enhanced penalty statute and has been debunked by lawyers and MPDC itself.

With the exception of the White House, the Observatory and the Mall monuments, DC isn’t as bad as some other states’ restrictions

Ahh. Good to know! That map was etched in my memory...good riddance!

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Ahh. Good to know! That map was etched in my memory...good riddance!
    I have supported lott in the sense I have always bought his books. Never again.
    I sent Lott a note the day he published that map showing identical language in other states as well as pointing out to him that that statue had NO penalty but a "doubling" of penalty just like driving and "drug free" school zone laws, ie you have to be doing something ILLEGAL for that law to apply. I suggested he contact Gura or Lyon or any number of actual experts. instead he contacted an attorney with no background on the issue

His dumb map got picked up by the Washington Times, which has constantly been incorrectly claiming things like the caliber match to gun resticions years after that was dropped, live fire training for home registration years after that was dropped etc.

People like Lott are grandstanding and effectively harming second amendment rights by discouraging gun ownership in DC and carry in DC with utterly false claims as to the statutes

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Thanks for clarification on that misleading map, I’ll burn it with fire lol

If I went to DC more than once a year I would certainly be signing up for the next class. PA is next up for me

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC

Who’s hand did you grease so they didn’t misplace your application for the first 90 days?

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Thanks for clarification on that misleading map, I’ll burn it with fire lol

If I went to DC more than once a year I would certainly be signing up for the next class. PA is next up for me

it's cool rob. I just feel strongly about it because while I agree with criticizing DC laws, which don't address actual violent crime, which inherently place blame on the law abiding, and which are a gross violation for the second amendment; I also feel that exaggerating the DC laws also serves to discourage people from exercising their rights.

In order to get for example a gun for home protection, DC is absolute quicker and easier than NJ, has a much larger selection of allowed handguns than Cali or Mass., and cant be argued to take more time than Maryland. NRA-ILA this year keep saying DC is worst, Washington Times recently repeated it, when I have to wonder if anyone at NRA or the WTimes bothered to go through process in NJ (I have), Mass or Cali.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    "Carried in DC for the 1st Time today"

Congrats. I think we were in the same training class at MSAR @two weeks ago. When did you submit your application? I am wondering what their timetable is. I know it is supposed to be 90 days, but I have seen some grumbling.

Yes, Mr. Ed was there as well. I re-applied 10/5 right after the decision was announced regarding the SCOTUS appeal decision. It took 90 days for the decision but then I had to get additional training at MSAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom