In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    I'd still want all the DC area counties in MD and VA to take DC and form the State of Columbia.

I like that idea a lot! Let DC become a state, but they have to take PG, MoCo, Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax Co with them!

That should turn VA solid red again, and at least bring balance back to MD…

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    I would get completely ****ed by that given I am in Moco. I do not want to suddenly be subject to DC gun laws. I think that can be said for a lot in the people who work at the NRAHQ.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    DC should come back into MD from whence it came, just like Alexandria went back to VA. I know that's unpopular because of the economic drag here, but I do believe folks should have the right to vote for their Federal representatives. It won't happen because, just like adding states prior to the Civil War, folks on opposite sides of the political spectrum want control or at least balance.

Trump's view largely doesn't matter anyway because adding states is largely out of the control of the Executive Branch.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I like that idea a lot! Let DC become a state, but they have to take PG, MoCo, Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax Co with them!

That should turn VA solid red again, and at least bring balance back to MD…

BITE ME!

I DO NOT want to be part of that place's plantation mentality.

Redrawing was tried once before and was rejected by MD and VA, which is why DC has the boundaries it does today. Besides, with statehood they'd have to put up with actual Congresscritters' antics.

But maybe we could sell it to Nigeria. The City Council would fit right in there.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    DC had an excellent deal to gain voting representation in congress but chose to hold on to their strict city gun laws instead. Prohibited persons still wouldn't have been able to legally possess firearms under federal law but that wasn't as important as making sure that lawful citizens couldn't legally defend themselves.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    As if the US Senate needs two additional senators, both of whom would be Marxists.

Trump wants to do what's best for everybody -- that's the status quo.

The next best would be for MD to reclaim its territory and reabsorb DC, from whence it came. The DC mayor and DC council would have to vie for county council and county executive positions, with less power than now.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Article IV, Section 3, Clause 1 gives Congress the ability to admit new states. I would like to see PG and Montgomery counties added from Maryland and VA to give in Fairfax, Arlington and Loudon. That would solve our problems as well as Virginia's for the foreseeable future.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    But it also prohibits new states from being formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state, without the consent of the legislatures of those states as well as the congress.

Yeah like that will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom