• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Surprised this even made the paper... I'm most certain it won't get much air time press as it is a feel good story... made possible by a gun. :sad20:

semper000

Mar 24, 2009
    Really you have to register ammo in DC too?

And the DC council hasn't enacted this for crack pipes too?

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Really you have to register ammo in DC too?
    No you do not have to register ammo purchases. You do have ot have weapons license to have ammo. It used to only be for your caliber registered weapon, ie if you have a 9 you can only possess 9mm within DC. Now it is any caliber of allowed weapons.

There still lots of problems from this. since no one sells amoo in Dc you have to buy in va or md. If my wife is driving by an walmart I cannot have her pick up ammo since her having it locked in the trunk with no gun is still a felony once she hits DC.

Even though she is able to pass NCIS and all other requirements she cant get a FOID with us buying a second gun. In other words DC strict gun control forces married people to buy more guns than they want

Sean415

Unrepentant HKholic
    May 28, 2013
    At least there was some leniency given to the man for saving the boy life

No you do not have to register ammo purchases. You do have ot have weapons license to have ammo. It used to only be for your caliber registered weapon, ie if you have a 9 you can only possess 9mm within DC. Now it is any caliber of allowed weapons.

There still lots of problems from this. since no one sells amoo in Dc you have to buy in va or md. If my wife is driving by an walmart I cannot have her pick up ammo since her having it locked in the trunk with no gun is still a felony once she hits DC.

Even though she is able to pass NCIS and all other requirements she cant get a FOID with us buying a second gun. In other words DC strict gun control forces married people to buy more guns than they want

It's such a pain when these people making the laws have no knowledge of guns... You should have owned a gun for a few years before you make laws on or about them to help prevent all these stupid laws.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia

Are you sure about that? It used to be, as you say, that you had to have a registered firearm of that same caliber to posses that ammo in DC, but I thought they dropped the entire ammo restriction clause when they made those changes last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom