D.C. businessman faces two years in jail for unregistered ammunition, brass casing

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    What did happen to this case. I know it started last year but haven't heard if it went to court or not.

After 2 pre-trial hearings, Judge Robert Morin gave prosecutors until early January in order to come up with a reason to justify the first time they raided the home without a warrant. However since they couldn’t they offered Whitaschek a deal and give him probation if he would plead guilty to the charges, which he declined. The judge would then throw out the items seized from that raid, the box of ammo and the sabots.

“I believe that some in the prosecution and police apparatus know what they did and are trying to continue this charade to cover their tracks,” said Whitschek in the interview“ If I am proven a ‘criminal,’ then their bad acts are covered. If not, they are liable.” Which I would agree with since now prosecutors are pushing hard for the second charge of unregistered ammunition for the shotgun shell he kept as a souvenir from deer hunting years back.

The prosecutors have since offered him another “deal” in which he would have to plead guilty to “attempted possession of ammunition,” which he declined since it would still carry a maximum penalty of 6 months in jail.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2014/...home-raided-arrested-for-empty-shotgun-shell/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom