• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Nice looking collection. I wish I could shoot off the back deck. We are limited to shooting BB guns in the yard. I guess I will be getting a better look at that Mini-14 soon.
    They're great guns.
    My boy sighting in...
    c26dd7ca.jpg

It was a shootapalooza kind of day. Mini-14 on the right.
    df73611f.jpg

wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Getting mine from a member off the classifieds. I was really nervous about trying to buy one from Gun Broker. User communication has been great. I look forward to meeting him in person.
    Very nice. I had been looking for a new one for a while but gave up as I could only find them online for $1100 or more. Where are you getting yours if you don't mind me asking?

SLOWDOG

May 19, 2013
    I actually just received (in the last 10 days) two boxes of magazines from the ShopRuger online store. I got four 20 round and six 30 round magazines between the two boxes.

The Ruger price for the factory magazines was $40 and $50 respectively. They were limiting orders to five mags per order, and I had two orders placed about two weeks apart, on March 31st and April 15th.

I had paid $50 and $65 on gunbroker.com for some 20's and 30's, so I didn't feel like I was being ripped off, given that I had no idea if and when the ones from Ruger would really arrive.

I paid $1208 dollars for my Mini-14 Tactical. I got it from an auction at Budsgunshop.com. Again, given the current demand environment, I thought it a reasonable price. As one of my old friends still in the gun business (I left that world 30 years ago) told me, tons of people make AR-15's, but only Ruger makes Mini-14's, so the price differential has reversed to an extent. The Ruger is no longer the "poor man's assault rifle" as it was described by that wacko in Norway.

FYI, I'm not sure that the victims at the Norweigian youth camp, who were mostly between the ages of 14 and 18, would have been in the "fighting back" mode. It seems more like a school shooting than out on the street with gownups in America, where some adults might have actually been carrying handguns for self defense. There were a few adults, and one 11 year old kid who had just watched his father die stood up to the guman and told him that he was too young to die. He was allowed to live.

Finally....I just noticed that another Bud's auction, for a plane Jane Ruger Mini-14 Ranch rifle is up to $1010.00 with 4 hours to go.

Madman

Jun 10, 2012
    I just purchased a Mini -14 Model 5855(blued/black synthetic stock) for $799.00 from Accurate in Loveville. I was on their waiting list for about 30 days before I received a call.

I bought some 20 round Pro-Mag's, prior to purchasing the rifle, from Sportsmans Guide for $19.99 ea. Fired 200 rounds of PMC the other day with no problems using the Pro-Mags.

SLOWDOG

May 19, 2013
    I just didn't feel like being on a waiting list....so I went ahead and pulled the trigger (no pun intended).

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Wade you might try Lou45 he owns a store called discount shooters. I think that is the name. He is on the forum here. Once in a while I see him list mini14 parts and new ones coming into stock.

Congrats on the new gun. Have fun!

tff

Jul 22, 2012
    La Plata, MD
    I picked up a Stainless Mini-14 a few months ago and while its a nice toy, I'm probably going to trade it in on something else. I reload a lot and semi-autos require full power loads to cycle. Probably move to something more like a falling block in 45-70. More opportunity to work up multiple interesting loads. I have an Savage Axis bolt in 223 so it's not like I'll be missing anything.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Depends on what you bought the Mini-14 for. Precise long range plinking or blasting the Zombie hordes as they come across your fence line like locusts. I love the falling blocks but with more than a half dozen zombies (and we all know that they run in packs from the movies) I would rather have a fast loading, fast shooting, quick to point Zombie slayer at hand. Plus if you decide to sell you may not be able to buy another one if you are unlucky enough to be stuck in crappy Maryland the rest of your life.:banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom