• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Nikon usually makes good products, but their customer service is nothing to brag about. Same with their camera line.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Matt, 10x is more prone to shake. 10x32 is only 3.2mm exit pupil, meaning they will not perform well in less-than-ideal lighting. 5mm exit pupil is ideal, which is why I mentioned the Diamondback 8x42 earlier. Even the Diamondback 8x32 is a better choice than 10x32.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I understand what you are saying. I'll check out the larger objective lens Vortexs. I think they may be bigger than I want though. My reason for have 32 or smaller lens is for compactness. Just toss em in the glove box and keep them there until needed. I have my larger pair for hunting and lower light situations. I really like the looks of the diamondback series. I can't wait to see them in person!

bman940

Bart, Nikon Pro Staff
    Oct 11, 2010
    North Texas
    Not quite at $120 but Nikon's PROSTAFF 5's are pretty close at $30 off right now down to $149.95. They carry Nikon's No Fault Warranty too. I'm not to sure why the neg. warranty info but just to make you feel more comfortable I thought you might enjoy this 30 sec video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweRfw4vMEY

Just so you know, I do some freelance PR/Shooting Event's for Nikon, no sales so I'm not trying to sell you anything, just make sure the info you get is correct. Good luck.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    So I checked out all sorts of optics at Cabelas Saturday. I decided I want Swarovski. But $2600 is a bit out of my league. So I looked at the leupolds, nikons, and vortex. Even saw a bushnell or two. I ended up walking out with the 10x25 Nikon Aculons that I had originally wanted. Found a camo pair in the bargain cave for $52. These little things are PERFECT for what I wanted. Very sharp images and focuses easily all while being compact. That being said, I am now saving up for a pair of Vortex Vipers 10x42. Out of all the ones I looked at Saturday, Vortex had the absolute best picture vs price! I knew talking to you guys was a mistake. I always end up buying more than I originally intended.

bman940

Bart, Nikon Pro Staff
    Oct 11, 2010
    North Texas
    Great find

Matt, Great job. You asked for suggestion's, weigh the information that you get,look through some bino's and luck out with a great deal on a pair that works for you. At the end of the day, you being happy with your purchase is the only thing that matters.

bman940

Bart, Nikon Pro Staff
    Oct 11, 2010
    North Texas
    Many of you guy's know me from my posts over the last 5 years. I do freelance PR/Shooting Event's for/with Nikon and I can assure you Nikon stands behind what they make with their No-Fault Warranty.
    Here's a 30 second video that should put any concerns you might have to rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweRfw4vMEY

Last edited:

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Many of you huy's know me from my posts the last 5 years. I do freelance PR/Shooting Event's for/with Nikon and I can assure you Nikon stands behind what they make with their No-Fault Warranty.

Here's a 30 second video that should put any concerns you might have to rest.

While I appreciate your experience, mine utilizing the Nikon warranty on a set of one month old, never abused binoculars was completely different. Wanted to charge me half the cost to repair them. Took many phone calls and emails in a strong tone to finally get them to repair/replace. My high-end Nikon scope wouldn't hold zero first time I shot it so will start warranty on it.

And I'm a "Nikon" guy. Used to work as a pro photographer and have thousands and thousands of dollars in Nikon gear. I'll still buy their photo equipment, but no more scopes, binos, or range finders.

Celeston, Vortex, & leupold for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bman940

Bart, Nikon Pro Staff
    Oct 11, 2010
    North Texas
    Tom, Sorry to read about your experience. I am interested in hearing if things were different this time around? Nikon reworked their CS facility and hopefully problem's like you had will be a thing of the past. While I don't work directly for Nikon, the guy's I do work with appreciate hearing about other's CS experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom