• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Last week I received an unexpected Christmas bonus, and having just bought my 7yro son his first bow (a Genesis) I decided I needed to get something to keep him company out in the backyard. My new toy is a Mission Ballistic, which, compared to the old recurves and compounds I used back in the 1980's is a miracle of modern technology and an absolute dream to shoot.

There was a good crosswind today, but I still think this attempt at 40yds was none too shabby considering it's been 25+ years since I last nocked an arrow.

Attachments

• Mission Ballistic.jpg
      Mission Ballistic.jpg
      221.4 KB · Views: 308
    • 40yds.jpg
      40yds.jpg
      113.2 KB · Views: 306

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Thanks!

I also just learned a tough lesson... don't put your archery target block directly in front of your metal rimfire spinners. If you overshoot the block while sighting in a new sight pin the spinner can leap up and destroy your arrow. :(
    (Berm was behind and slightly above the block)

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    Yeah...carbon bows are crap against steel catches lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Purrty bow!! :thumbsup:

Congrats. I hope you and your son have fun.

How's that target?

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Purrty bow!! :thumbsup:

Congrats. I hope you and your son have fun.

How's that target?

There is a fair degree of penetration into the target, but generally it's not too difficult to pull the arrows out again. Seems ok for now, but will have to wait and see how it holds up in the long term.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    There is a fair degree of penetration into the target, but generally it's not too difficult to pull the arrows out again. Seems ok for now, but will have to wait and see how it holds up in the long term.

Thanks. I'm trying to find a target and I'm not sure if I want a block or a bag for field points.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Thanks!

I also just learned a tough lesson... don't put your archery target block directly in front of your metal rimfire spinners. If you overshoot the block while sighting in a new sight pin the spinner can leap up and destroy your arrow. :(
    (Berm was behind and slightly above the block)

Don't put it in front of your pool either . And dont try and fix it with duct tape and not tell Dad .

Ask my cousin :lol2:

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Thanks. I'm trying to find a target and I'm not sure if I want a block or a bag for field points.

Either will work, but a block can generally be used for broad heads as well.

Don't put it in front of your pool either . And dont try and fix it with duct tape and not tell Dad .

Lol. Sounds like the time I tried to repair my not-yet-father-in-law's bathroom shower fixture after I mysteriously broke it one evening. :innocent:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Blocks are nice and very durable.

I just sold my bow with a block and they are great. I have a glendale buck and another deer target to get rid of too.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Sure, it was your cousin, sure. If that's your story, then fine, it was your cousin. :innocent0

Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom