• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Damn that looks scary. I wonder if they had wear and carry permits?

:sarcasm:

Does needing a gun to break into someone's home count as a "workplace requirement" for G&S? /sarcasm.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    You have a link? That's almost literally next door to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think this:

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local...d-robbery-by-a-teen-reported-in-howard-county

IIRC This was also reportied on the HoCo police blotter, but I cannot find that page.

Yes, that's it - the police said that there was a getaway car parked right near the victim's car. After they jacked it, they drove both cars away, went through the stolen one, then left in the getaway car.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Absolutely this.

I have an acquaintance who said if things ever really fell apart he’d come to my house. I asked him if his wife would put out, cause if things were that bad I didn’t need him but he needed me. Obviously I was joking.

Point being, people need to start thinking about being self reliant and then vote accordingly.

Yup. Most people don't bother being self-reliant, in the foolish hope that the government will save them in and emergency. lol yeah fat chance of that.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Does needing a gun to break into someone's home count as a "workplace requirement" for G&S? /sarcasm.

That would be an incredible case to put before MSP.
    1. At greater risk of personal violence.
    2. Has probably been verbally threatened.
    3. Handles stolen cash for his business.
    4. Small business owner.
    5. Works at all hours.

Guaranteed to be approved with no restrictions.

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    I've never been at a home invasion that wasn't drug related....possible to not be, but highly unlikely....just my 2 cents.

Interesting you say that. The neighbor who told me about the attempted intruders also told me about the new addiction treatment facility that recently opened up just north of there. Right near the elementary school, rec center and library. https://www.hildasplace.net/the-park/

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Part of the reason I tend not to contract work on my house at all. Even if you have an honest contractor, it doesn't mean they aren't subbing something to someone less honest or picked up a day laborer or three to help out with the job who aren't crooked. Well, the other part is it is cheaper for me to the work myself and in many case I do a better job.

I know plenty of people who have hired contractors where the contractor took the money and left, or only did part of the work and left or lastly over billed and then skipped when the client noticed extra materials on the receipts. Or that did substandard work. Or where they got broken in to a few days or a week or two after a job was done.

Most contractors are honest and hardworking, but since I can do the work, cheaper, sometimes better and at reduced risk...

xKtF

Nov 5, 2018
    That would be an incredible case to put before MSP.
    1. At greater risk of personal violence.
    2. Has probably been verbally threatened.
    3. Handles stolen cash for his business.
    4. Small business owner.
    5. Works at all hours.

Guaranteed to be approved with no restrictions.

lol

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Yes, that's it - the police said that there was a getaway car parked right near the victim's car. After they jacked it, they drove both cars away, went through the stolen one, then left in the getaway car.

FML - almost, but not quite, spitting distance. Fortunately, the wife rarely goes down 99 in that direction, but dammit...this crap is getting too close to my house.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    wonder if the same crew:

from the HoCo blotter

That was the incident I had heard about when I started the thread.

According to posts on the western howard county shares page on fb, they (or others) were back last night trying houses and the clubhouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom