• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob b

c@r collecting
    you guys with fixed stock ar 15 how are you mounting your single point slings?

will this mount work

thanks

Attachments

• ar sling.jpg
      ar sling.jpg
      27.6 KB · Views: 196

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    What sling? Annnd prolly no. Look for qd holes in the stock, or grab something like a magpul ASAP.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I have a sling like this and my gun has the A2 NON collapsible stock

Sorry but the bungee cord slings are mall ninja and operationally bad to boot.

If you were to ever run a carbine course with transitions to pistol, the boing-boing sling will womp your nutsack and your muzzle might actually hit the ground while transitioning to kneeling.

Set it aside and “buy once cry once” to get the Magpul sling so your rifle rides up high & tight on your chest.

IIRC, the Magpul sling comes with an A2 buttstock capture.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Sorry but the bungee cord slings are mall ninja and operationally bad to boot.

If you were to ever run a carbine course with transitions to pistol, the boing-boing sling will womp your nutsack and your muzzle might actually hit the ground while transitioning to kneeling.

Set it aside and “buy once cry once” to get the Magpul sling so your rifle rides up high & tight on your chest.

IIRC, the Magpul sling comes with an A2 buttstock capture.

Everything above is truth. 2 point slings overall are much more useful, and you can always essentially treat them like single points by necklacing them. Something like a magpul ms3/4 allows you to switch between 2 point or 1 point with quick adjustments for both using the slider. Just depends if you want to go with a clip or qd. Bungee suckkkkks to move around with.

Either snag a stock with an attachment point, or swap your end plate for an ASAP, or similar thing. I think I just used a cheap tapco sling plate for like $10 on the 16". It was a sumbitch to stake though. The steel was much harder than a normal end plate. Use something like this if you're keeping the a2 stock
    https://www.brownells.com/shooting-...-a2-single-point-sling-adapter-prod31829.aspx

You could also drill the stock and toss in some qd cups...
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/noveske-flush-qd-sling-mount-black-05000471.html

Attachments

• 20181229_205310.jpg
      20181229_205310.jpg
      59.2 KB · Views: 194
    • 20181229_205350.jpg
      20181229_205350.jpg
      58.7 KB · Views: 202

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members