• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This is why I love this site. This is exactly what I was looking for as I'm getting away from an Aimpoint red dot. Ordered!!! THANKS !!!
    I just bought one of these for my Sig 556 SBR, too. Cheap, good brand, light-weight, and compact. Plus, unlike most prism scopes, I can mount the Nikon pretty low, which is not an inconsiderable advantage on the Sig 556 platform (which has a lower sight plane than the AR-15 platform). Only thing missing is illumination, but such is life.

Ironically, the rings I bought for it (Leupold QRWs) cost like 2/3 of what the scope did.

GetzzBrah

Mar 3, 2016
    For now since it is your first AR I would just focus on shooting with irons. Get good at that before you throw any optic on it

Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    Just a heads up...I bought a Burris PEPR mount and it will not work. the scope is too short for the ring spacing. Went with 1" rings on a .75" riser.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Just a heads up...I bought a Burris PEPR mount and it will not work. the scope is too short for the ring spacing. Went with 1" rings on a .75" riser.
    I assume you're talking about the 3x32. You need the Nikon P-Rings if you want an AR-height cantilever mount. None of the standard mounts provide the right spacing. They're nice rings, but they're not QD - a bit of a problem if you want fast access to your BUIS.

I wound up using medium Leupold QRWs for mine. Works nice on my Sig 556, which is a lower-than-AR sight plane.

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpg
      IMG_1352.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 183

.458 Dave

Sep 10, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Primary Arms has some cool red dots. I have two micro dots and their 30mm classic. I have been very pleased with them and I will be getting more.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Primary Arms has some cool red dots. I have two micro dots and their 30mm classic. I have been very pleased with them and I will be getting more.

I was about to mention the same.

Not sub $100 (I paid $170) but I just got an Advanced Micro Dot from them. Quality stuff.

jking22sf

Dec 12, 2012
    Somewhere in Maryland
    For a cheap red dot I'd go with a primary arms micro dot. I have three PA micro dots and none of them have failed me ever. I also have a bushnell Trs-25 and between the two I'd go PA for sure. Never had a problem with the trs but I feel the glass is clearer and dot is more crisp on the PA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom