• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The way I see it, if she had been armed she may in fact have had to kill the swine that was her estranged husband, but IMO that wouldn't have been a big loss. Guns are not responsible for people going nuts and doing bad things.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Ooooh, so many innacuraccies in the editorial, where to start?
    FIrst, the FINAL protective order of 8/27 ordered the surrender of firearms.
    Second, the order would have been useless if some of the firearms were stored out of state or if he walked down to Clay street in Annapolis and just bought another one illegally.
    Third, by looking at his record on Maryland Casesearch it looks as if he could not legally possess any firearms in Maryland anyway since his conviction carrying more than three years in prison years ago, so the order to turn them in is likely moot because it would be a violation of his Fifth Amendment right to not being made to incriminate himself so the idea that he would turn them in by a judges order is completely laughable.
    The truth is that the recent changes to the law were nothing but "feel good" laws that have absolutely no practical effect in real life applications and will never save one life.

This editorial is poorly researched and is based upon an entirely erroneous position. It is this illogical thinking which has led us to stricter "feel good" gun control laws which serve no ultimate purpose for public safety in their applications.

Awaiting approval for posting.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    This sounds to me like a great argument to get rid of the 7-day waiting period, not for confiscation of guns. As one commenter said, all that confiscation would accomplish is getting the woman stabbed instead of shot. The guy went the suicide-by-cop route; that's a level of crazy that can't be stopped by anything but another gun (and was - by the cop's gun, not the gun the woman should have had).

ctd

Aug 2, 2009
    Did you really expect anything else from that rag? I ixned that crap long ago....

t0tln00b

Jul 3, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Taking away one means of doing evil won't stop the intent to do evil.

This sounds to me like a great argument to get rid of the 7-day waiting period, not for confiscation of guns. As one commenter said, all that confiscation would accomplish is getting the woman stabbed instead of shot. The guy went the suicide-by-cop route; that's a level of crazy that can't be stopped by anything but another gun (and was - by the cop's gun, not the gun the woman should have had).

+1 - some people are just crazy.
    As scary as that makes the world for some, they will be better off knowing that and taking precautions instead of waiting for someone else to "fix" it

raggedman

Nov 6, 2008
    Great post, Novus!....Very well done. I just posted my own 2 cents

Noticed Mike and a couple others there as well. *smile*

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads