• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joshvictus

2GOG
    Jul 8, 2014
    Annapolis
    Guess it's a good thing I moved up the road to Crownsville then. Because 4 miles makes quite the difference..
    Ship your ammo to me fellas, just make sure there is an extra box in for the handling fee :)

Might actually consider that :)

Update on my story. Called Friday mid morning and was on hold for about 20mins. Got a guy, told him I'm in Annapolis, just found out about the policy, yadda yadda. He said no problem we'll just go ahead and cancel it and refund it to ya... Now I'm waiting to see the money go back on my card, fingers still crossed.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Might actually consider that :)

Update on my story. Called Friday mid morning and was on hold for about 20mins. Got a guy, told him I'm in Annapolis, just found out about the policy, yadda yadda. He said no problem we'll just go ahead and cancel it and refund it to ya... Now I'm waiting to see the money go back on my card, fingers still crossed.

Mine still hasn't been refunded but I understand credit card companies take FOREVER to refund stuff.

Joshvictus

2GOG
    Jul 8, 2014
    Annapolis
    Mine still hasn't been refunded but I understand credit card companies take FOREVER to refund stuff.

Keep me updated. They at least seem to eventually follow through with stuff.

I swear I've had stuff almost immediately refunded to a credit card before though (or at least it only took ~3 days). I planned on calling them this Thurs. again if I don't see anything new.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Uuh, no. Once the refund is put in the system, you should see the refund on your account. The VENDOR has not processed your refund. I could call your CC company and contest the charge. If you wait too long, it could be a problem.

killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    My order arrived a few days ago. It shipped about 2-3 days after I called them. Received UPS Notifications for my order and all good. Disappointing experience, but now I know what the expectation is for the future. Hope you get yours taken care of..

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Talked to PSA. In their new system all MD ammo orders need to be reviewed by a human before shipping due to the Annapolis/Montgomery BS.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Talked to PSA. In their new system all MD ammo orders need to be reviewed by a human before shipping due to the Annapolis/Montgomery BS.

The point it, those local laws have been prempted by State law. THEY DO NOT MATTER.

You can legally buy in and ship ammo to those locations.

PSA has shown again and again that they do not care to learn the real law.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    With all the different PSA varying issues I have read.

I was looking at ordering some HK91 20 mags that are listed LNIW (shipped to a friend in Pa obviously)

Since the description is very vague and only 1 pic of a mag. Should I pass on them for the $6.00 price? Has anyone ordered these and can offer their feedback on them?

Or get NIW HK91 20 mags from Copes for $10.00.

Thanks for any helpful PSA infp

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    The entire state or just if you live in that area?

Their new system isn't setup for zip codes or cities as far as restrictions go, so orders from the less enlightened states need additional review.

killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD

Still don't see a reason for delays. How hard is it to review and order when it comes in? This problem should not exist. It's called customer service..

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Still don't see a reason for delays. How hard is it to review and order when it comes in? This problem should not exist. It's called customer service..

Which tends to be lacking at PSA.

Too many good places to deal with.

.458 Dave

Sep 10, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I placed on order thursday night for a LPK with a umbrella corp grip. Got the shipping notification today it should arrive friday. In contrast I ordered some stuff through primary arms thursday night, shipped friday morning and had it on tuesday

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I may run against the grain here but PSA at this point is a known quantity. Everyone knows that they have great prices but terrible shipping times (I've never experienced more than two weeks). If you want the stuff cheaply, you may have to wait. If you're ordering gun parts from a website you haven't google-fu'd first, well then the problem is not the vendor.

As far as their MD policies, I don't necessarily agree with them, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying cheap uppers and parts.

Glad the OP worked out his issues in the end, the county ammo thing is pretty stupid IMO

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    I may run against the grain here but PSA at this point is a known quantity. Everyone knows that they have great prices but terrible shipping times (I've never experienced more than two weeks). If you want the stuff cheaply, you may have to wait. If you're ordering gun parts from a website you haven't google-fu'd first, well then the problem is not the vendor.

As far as their MD policies, I don't necessarily agree with them, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying cheap uppers and parts.

Glad the OP worked out his issues in the end, the county ammo thing is pretty stupid IMO

This about summed it up.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I gave up on PSA last year when they couldn't deal with ammo to Annapolis, despite explaining I was outside of the city limits. Plenty of other good options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    This thread is like Ground Hog day, except it pops up every three months... same story as the last five years.

Sorry to hear they're customer service sucks but this is certainly nothing new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom