A Personal Visit from the MD State Police…

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    "No they can't.

We are why.

10k in Lawyers Mall on 4 Feb 2014. 20k would be better."

With all due respect, I am rather tired of seeing comments like this. 10K, 20K, 50K, doesn't matter. The state of MD lost the mandate of Heaven some time ago, you really think they care how many 40-something overweight white men put on camo and wave their Gadsden flags? You probably wont even make the news cycle. Get a couple hundred brave souls to rally while open carrying, a la The Alamo rally, and then you'll have an impact. No risk, no reward, end of discussion.

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    I agree. People can rally all they want. But thing is when we have a government who dosent care what the people think and do whatever they want, we really only have two options. 1. Vote all these people out of office which is going to be hard to do.
    2nd. Take it up in the courts. We should put our full support behind this. Good lawyers can help us here. But, we don't always need lawyers. I encourage everyone to research the legality/constitutionality of SB 281. Use the Constitution, Supreme Court rulings, historical legislative/judicial precidents to make an argument. Show these people that we re not a bunch of uninteligent redneck gun owners. We can sit here all day and say SB 281 is unfair, stupid, pisses us off, makes no sense, etc etc
    And all that is true. But that has no legal standing. The only way this law is going away if we can prove it or at least parts of it are illegal , unless a miracle happens at the polls which I doubt it. We re past the point of just saying its unpopular with many people. We need to make an argument based on legality.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    If that's the case and there is substantial duplication of parts and is a copy of the 550, then it is regulated per the statute.

The law says what it says.

I'm more concerned about the request to produce the other firearms that weren't part of this specific investigation.

THIS is the issues. I would question compliance to that part.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    "No they can't.

We are why.

With all due respect, I am rather tired of seeing comments like this. 10K, 20K, 50K, doesn't matter. The state of MD lost the mandate of Heaven some time ago, you really think they care how many 40-something overweight white men put on camo and wave their Gadsden flags? You probably wont even make the news cycle. Get a couple hundred brave souls to rally while open carrying, a la The Alamo rally, and then you'll have an impact. No risk, no reward, end of discussion.

An impact? Perhaps, but not the one you're thinking. End of discussion? Hardly-not that easy or cut-and-dried.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    In addition, we can't blame law enforcement. They are forced to enforce some laws that many of them don't agree with. Yeah some of them abuse their power, have a power trip, etc. However, I'm friends with police officiers in MSP and several county police departments in Maryland. And there are many many police officers who are really great people out there that support our cause and completely disagree with SB 281.
    well, we can blame law enforcement guys like James Johnson, right?

thing is, there are many law enforcement personnel who are on our side in theory, but when the chips come down, they get LEO carve-outs and their agencies/unions take anti-gun stands. do the rank and file support these things? not necessarily. are there groups who don't do the same? i'm sure. but just like i wouldn't blame them all automatically, i wouldn't give them a pass just because you (or i or anyone else) knows officers that DO see things our way.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    It took years to get to the point we are in and it will take years to dig out. There is only one way and that is work your way out and it isn't by bitching on the internet. It takes writing your Representatives, visiting them, writing editorials and so on. Bitching on the internet does help vent and bring up good ideas, though :D

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    "No they can't.

We are why.

Then stop reading them. Go and do as you please. BUT DO NOT IMPLY THAT I WILL SUPPORT YOU.

And if that's all you have left feel free to stay home on 4 Feb 2014. Because if even think that kind of crap is going to happen I will stay home.

That is all.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    At some point, there will be a tipping point to making a true difference where it will actually effect the people in office. Where is that point? I don't know, but I am willing to be one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom