• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    You may get away using one Gemtech LID for your 45 and 9mm AR. You will need a extra piston and a PBT(Piston blocking tube) which replaces the spring converting the Gemtech LID to a fixed mount. The LID is threaded for a B-tube.

On the other hand if you use a D tube you can attach a D- size Gemtech Lid /Liberty Suppressor Recoil Booster Rear Thread Protector (SDTA) to hold the suppressor innards in place and legally switch LIDs with fixed mounts.

Liberty suppressors only sells fixed mounts and LIDs. I don't think they have a PBT. Gemtech has LIDs, fixed mounts and PBTs.

Will the other Gemtech mounts screw directly into a B tube? I have a Gem Tech Multimount and a lot of mounts for it. I am most interested in being able to use thier 3 lug mount.

Thanks

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Will the other Gemtech mounts screw directly into a B tube? I have a Gem Tech Multimount and a lot of mounts for it. I am most interested in being able to use their 3 lug mount.

Thanks

The Gemtech 3 lug mount should have the same threading as the LID. I have a Gemtech lid (came with the GM-9 which is essentially a B tube) and a Gemtech 1/2 X28 fixed mount (PBT was OOS then). Both attach to the Gemtech/Liberty recoil booster. I use my suppressor on both a Glock and an AR pistol .22 conversion.
    This is a temporary fix until I can build a dedicated .22/ .223/.556 can .

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The Gemtech 3 lug mount should have the same threading as the LID. I have a Gemtech lid (came with the GM-9 which is essentially a B tube) and a Gemtech 1/2 X28 fixed mount (PBT was OOS then). Both attach to the Gemtech/Liberty recoil booster. I use my suppressor on both a Glock and an AR pistol .22 conversion.
    This is a temporary fix until I can build a dedicated .22/ .223/.556 can .

Thank you.

This means I already have parts for my home build. :thumbsup:

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Just waiting for my rail to come in for this one. And the stamp for it's own dedicated suppressor, should have another 2 approved next week.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    What are the specs of this can?
    Thanks

That is my blackout can, since my stamp for this one isn't approved yet.

But, it's a 5.6" Ti tube, with Ti ends, 1.4" blast chamber (Ti spacer) and then stacked with formed plugs, I think 8.

I will probably do the same design on this one.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Just had a thought. And I'm sure it was been mentioned before. A form1 pinned & welded suppressor seems like an ideal way to achieve proper OAL for many of the too-short rifles out there. Tavor, ps90, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tstecher

Latest threads

Top Bottom