• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    Haven't seen this posted anywhere so I was wondering, has anyone thought of proposing NRL 22 matches to their club at the ACG? I feel like this is really a missed opportunity.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I've always been interested in doing CMP style .22 matches at the AGC, but they've never seemed to have taken off when any club offers them. Maybe it's lack of publicity?

NRL 22 matches add another layer of fun, but everyone would also have to have their yellow "steel shooting" badge to participate--which many AGC members have not bothered to qualify for.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    maybe i'm misinterpreting the rule but i thought anyone could shoot steel when it is under the supervision of a club sanctioned event. otherwise, having those new action bays are going to be a waste if non members can't come and shoot at events.

same thing with the NRL 22. don't just do it for members, open it up to the public and charge an entrance fee.

honestly though, i'm new here and don't know all the back story to the politics of the ACG

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Many of the clubs that belong to the AGC are CMP member clubs. For sure the MD State Rifle and Pistol Association and Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club are CMP members. I will bring this up at our next meeting and also contact the CMP State director to wee what is involved.

Aug 24, 2017
    Having just gotten the Steel Certification, if it is a club event then you do not need the steel badge. Also, if you are shooting with someone who has one, you don't need one either.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    NRL 22 matches are basically (I'm being real loose with this) a 22LR version of PRS. Multiple stage match with targets at various positions from I think 25 yards out to 100 to 200 yards. A club becomes affiliated with the national league and then is sanctioned to run the matches. Standard course of fire for everyone each month. New courses monthly. Clubs are required to have at least one target set purchased from the NRL. Also will need the prescribed obstacles and barricades.

Lots better explanation here http://www.nrl22.org

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    pretty much. the nice thing is that it requires very little creativity on the local match directors part. EVERYONE competing that month shoots the same course of fire. i really wish i had more free time and more experience in competitive shooting as i would volunteer myself to my club or even the action shooting committee to be point with this. but alas, i have neither. all i have is a willingness to volunteer to help and learn as much as i can

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    sorry. its pretty much a scaled down version of PRS. varying target distances, varying target types and sizes, varying shooting positions, multiple stage match.

the biggest difference is that it is all done inside of 100 yards with a very occasional 200 yard stage.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    Photo yes very much like the peacemaker matches. But not as diabolical from what I have read. I will find out first hand this year as I have signed up for the first match in that series.

Threeband I'm really sorry but I'm not following what you are asking. Forgive my ignorance but what is QED? Also I'm not really sure what I'm assuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom