Wasn't Particularly Looking for an M1D but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Sometimes you can't pass up an obviously good thing. As far as I can tell, it's 100% GI parts and in pretty nice shape. Judging by the finish, it looks arsenal built and not a garage put together. However, it doesn't have any paperwork so I'll need to write the CMP and see if it came from them I the past. Let's take a look.

It came complete with all the bits including scope, cheek rest, sling and flash hider. There was even a full cleaning kit hiding in the butt trap:

AHHHHGGGGG!!!!! I got my toe in there. I HATE IT when people do that!!!

The receiver is a Winchester made in July 1942:

Stock cartouches normally hidden by the cheek rest:

Cheek rest is dated 1952:

Inside are three felt pads each carefully contoured to stack with the others in order to give the needed thickness and form:

The sling is dated 1962:

The T37 flash hider still has the ordinance paint stamp:

Barrel is Springfield Armory dated 1952 and has the proper markings on top underneath the handguard:

Some pictures of the mounting block:

Some scope and mount pictures:

Overall, the rifle is very clean and obviously hasn't been shot much since rebuild. Although I didn't take pictures of them, the scope is clear and the bore bright and sharp:

So that's my M1D. I probably shouldn't have bought it because I would feel guilty shooting it given the condition. Still, it's nice to look at and I'll keep it around for a few years. If I get the urge to shoot, I'll just take out a standard M1 as the low power scope doesn't do much and I'm such a poor shot I couldn't tell the difference anywho. If you have one, post some pictures. I'd love to see it!

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Com,

Between you, Mawkie, and Augie, I drool at the C&R, WWII, and wood and steel items you guys get your hands on. I am always amazed at the things you guys find.

It is a very nice rifle. Got a regular M1, but this is one of the rarer pieces.

Q

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Outstanding! I was hoping you were going to get around to posting pictures of it!

I’ll probably have to get one of those down the road to go along with Lou’s M1903A4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom