• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County

Not looking good. Looks like Rostech is included in the newest list of companies subject to sanction.

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It's been at least 3 weeks since this rumor last circulated, thanks for reminding us.

To be honest, I just bought some and it sucks. They are doing some weird zinc plating of the ammo instead of copper. I am sure its fine in my barrel. or not :tinfoil:

Its not banned yet, but if it were, good riddance.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If the Republicans were to ever have control of the House, the Senate, and the Whitehouse, these firearm and ammo sanctions could be repealed.

Until then, we'll just have to cross our fingers and pray that once in a hundred years trifecta phenomenon happens.

Then we could take back some of our Second Amendment rights.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Not sure if serious...

That means more people will be buying the ammo you like instead which will obviously drive up the cost. :sad20:

Everything Tula makes, Wolf makes better. Wolf makes theirs in Eastern Europe. I doubt they will have trouble expanding to meet demand, so I doubt prices will be impacted much. What will drive prices is another D in the white house.

Plus, its a proven fact that AKs like Chinese ammo the best. :lol2:

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The AKOU live show last night appeared to dispel this rumor for now. Seems like a pretty tempting target for sanctions. I know Tula probably has the worst reputation among Russian Ammo manufacturers, but I have had good luck with Tula 7.62x39 154gr soft points as well as their 8m3 from my Vz58. I think the loss of any ammunition source is a shame, though it may be inevitable while it remains politically popular to spank the Russian Military Industrial Complex (even indirectly) for their misbehavior.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The AKOU live show last night appeared to dispel this rumor for now. Seems like a pretty tempting target for sanctions. I know Tula probably has the worst reputation among Russian Ammo manufacturers, but I have had good luck with Tula 7.62x39 154gr soft points as well as their 8m3 from my Vz58. I think the loss of any ammunition source is a shame, though it may be inevitable while it remains politically popular to spank the Russian Military Industrial Complex (even indirectly) for their misbehavior.

He just did a new one an hour ago that said the rumor appears to be true.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    You seem pretty confident that manufacturers are interested in increasing capacity instead of increasing margins. Margins are down big time, and if I were Wolf I would be more interested in making more money round then pumping out even more rounds in this weak market.

The market is extremely competitive. That is why margins are down. I just bought some IMI stuff, brass cased, .02 cents more per than Wolf.

Wolf does not have enough pricing power to try to prevent capacity expansion. I am sure that they would like to increase margins rather than pumping out more rounds... but if they do not expand someone else will and steal market share.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The market is extremely competitive. That is why margins are down. I just bought some IMI stuff, brass cased, .02 cents more per than Wolf.

Wolf does not have enough pricing power to try to prevent capacity expansion. I am sure that they would like to increase margins rather than pumping out more rounds... but if they do not expand someone else will and steal market share.

Losing a major competitor won't make the market less competitive?

Where did you buy the IMI from and how much shipped to your door?

Ammo seek is showing the lowest 5 IMI prices around 30 cents a round and Tula at 20 cents a round.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/223-remington/Tula

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/223-remington/IMI

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    If there are only 3 competitors, yes. If there are 10 or lots of excess capacity, no. Plus, Tula/Rostech might be able to get around sanctions by opening plants or expanding production in other countries.

How many companies make 5.45x39 for sale in the US? 3 or 4?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Sounds about right. I do not think PPU imports it, although I am pretty sure that they make it. Want to re-circulate the rumor on Wolf ammo too? I have no idea how much 5.45x39 they can make in the Ukraine.

Hit the panic buy button now!

Don't get mad at me because you forgot there are very few 5.45 manufacturers being imported and this topic was apparently discussed already in a thread without Tula or Rostech in the Title...

Attachments

• Tula.jpg
      Tula.jpg
      30 KB · Views: 280

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom