• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Good on them. There is a HUGE market out there asking for these barrels. Very smart move on Colt's part.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    This isn't new. Colt has sold the Socom I&II rifles before with P&W flash hiders. Probably the only Colt I would buy.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    This isn't new. Colt has sold the Socom I&II rifles before with P&W flash hiders. Probably the only Colt I would buy.

Got a link? I can't find it, all I can find is people pinning and welding 14.5" barrels themselves.

All references to the UPC seem to be new.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Got a link? I can't find it, all I can find is people pinning and welding 14.5" barrels themselves.

All references to the UPC seem to be new.

Colt is weird. They sell the SOCOM off and on. Now if you buy a barrel from Colt they either need to be pinned and welded, built as an SBR or built as a pistol. No idea how they handle complete uppers (whether they are factory p&wed or not) but the complete rifles that have been sold have all had p&wed barrels. They where Title I guns. Lou handled a shipment of 50 or so LE guns and I got to fingerfvck em all.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Is that an accurate picture of what the AR looks like? Because it is advertised as HBAR but still has a cut out?

The Colt SOCOM barrel/upper/rifle is a MD legal HBAR. Colt advertises them as HBARs and they are the manufacturer. Per MSP dealer guidance "stamped as HBAR or advertised by the manufacturer as HBAR" for compliance with the FSA 2013 regulations.

There's been like 50 threads on this in the past year and no one has proven me wrong despite several attempts.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Not at all trying to prove wrong at all was wondering more if the picture was an "identical" match of the product. And if so just provides solid evidence that Frosh and the MSP are better off wiping them selves with their "regulations/ laws"

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Colt is weird. They sell the SOCOM off and on. Now if you buy a barrel from Colt they either need to be pinned and welded, built as an SBR or built as a pistol. No idea how they handle complete uppers (whether they are factory p&wed or not) but the complete rifles that have been sold have all had p&wed barrels. They where Title I guns. Lou handled a shipment of 50 or so LE guns and I got to fingerfvck em all.

Are you sure those weren't 16" Socoms? I have seen 6920 16" Socoms (LE6920SCMCK), 6921 14.5" Socoms not p&w (LE6921SCMCK), 14.5" not p&w (LE6921CK), but never 14.5 Socom p&w until the last month or so. Or are we talking 50 guns custom made for LE agency?

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Not at all trying to prove wrong at all was wondering more if the picture was an "identical" match of the product. And if so just provides solid evidence that Frosh and the MSP are better off wiping them selves with their "regulations/ laws"

Wasn't saying you where. The SOCOM barrel is heavier than a gov't profile barrel under the handguards. It still has an M203 notch ahead of the gas block even though part if the SOCOM Block I/II upgrades changed the M203 to a rail mount making the M203 notch superfluous.

We should be thankful in some facets that MSP LD and the AG are complete retards in the field of firearm laws.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    It's definitely a HBAR. Look at that thing.

Attachments

• 6920-b.jpg
      6920-b.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 1,149

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Says "Heavy" :shrug:

Attachments

• b08c0adf-9869-4a78-a891-4fae360d7952.png
      b08c0adf-9869-4a78-a891-4fae360d7952.png