• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Note: Jesus (God, as you put it) was not the first nor last to be crucified.

You are correct , but the main point is the OP was far from being "Crucified" that act is so horrific that his experience here was like walking on cotton .

When people use comparisons like Crucifixion , and treated like the Jews or hung like Blacks were i cringe , because there is no way in God's green earth meets that standard . IMHO

kege1

Oct 26, 2012
    Everything said after...but

Lev928;5747925]I'm pro 2A and CCW ... but .

Everything said after...but; proves otherwise. You must be very confused 2A is a right

Trauma915

Oct 4, 2019
    Your point is?

While I agree training and safety are high priorities, it is all a mute point in a may issue state.
    Now I've wasted my time reading and responding

lonespanker

May 19, 2012
    All I have to say is... this kind of person/thinking/attitude is more dangerous to 2a than the staunchest anti-gun lefty. This is the kind of attitude that gets us magazine restrictions, barrel profile restriction, and pretty much all the other “compromises.” Next thing you know he’ll suggest training prior to opening one’s mouth... maybe someone should heed his own advice, just re the 1st and not the 2nd.

Argh, I seldom post, cause I feel like if I have nothing constructive to say - to just not say anything... but this guy!

I rarely post as well and come here to educate myself. Many great comments to read here and I appreciate them all. Thank you members

lonespanker

May 19, 2012
    It's a name I started using in 1996 when I was a gamer. It kind of stuck. People call me LONE or spanker. The lone part was a clan I created and has nothing to do with what you think. Lol. It doesn't hurt to imply it though. The english language is great, isn't it?

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    I've been a cop for 37 years, and my department only requires me to qualify twice a year. Is that good enough for you...?

I go shooting on my own another 8 to 12 times a year. Is that better?

Who is to judge? You? (meaning the originator of the thread, everyone)

Last edited:

bustem

Dec 31, 2012
    Training

As an HQL instructor as well as NSSA instructor and RSO I have to agree with the author. Yes, owning and carrying are surely the rights of all humans. It should be recognized by those of us in the community that the current government imposed training requirements are an absolute minimum and in no way prepare a new shooter to responsibly carry a firearm. I do not want the government to require it but much more extensive training is appropriate.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    As an HQL instructor as well as NSSA instructor and RSO I have to agree with the author. Yes, owning and carrying are surely the rights of all humans. It should be recognized by those of us in the community that the current government imposed training requirements are an absolute minimum and in no way prepare a new shooter to responsibly carry a firearm. I do not want the government to require it but much more extensive training is appropriate.

So you agree with training required for free speech? How about voting? Training to prevent the quartering of soldiers? Training to practice your religion? Nope. Training, while always a good thing, should NEVER be a requirement to exercise an Almighty-bestowed right; a right that is recognized as protected by our Constitution.

Not buying any training requirement. Especially from someone who is an instructor and therefore makes money from said training.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Easy solution:
    Do it in high school. Everybody gets firearm safety and self defence principles training whether they need it or not. If you decide to buy a firearm, fine. If not, fine. At least you know how to safely handle a gun and can avoid putting your eye out if you encounter one. No firearms owner list of who got training, thus has arms. Otherwise, its just a registration list of gun owners. Really the only mandatory training program I could ever get behind. Win/Win.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Easy solution:
    Do it in high school. Everybody gets firearm safety and self defence principles training whether they need it or not. If you decide to buy a firearm, fine. If not, fine. At least you know how to safely handle a gun and can avoid putting your eye out if you encounter one. No firearms owner list of who got training, thus has arms. Otherwise, its just a registration list of gun owners. Really the only mandatory training program I could ever get behind. Win/Win.

A good followup to the should be required Eddie Eagle GunSafe training program that should be taught to all elementary school kids.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    I'm not real sure where your going with your post. There are those of us that have military, LEO, and On going training in the use and care of firearms. The legal ramifications of using a firearm in self defense are well covered and understood by most CCW, especially those with aforementioned military and LEO training. Most Maryland CCW, don't have access to Police Officer survival Training, or stress reaction while under fire. With that said, most CCW use is a one on one encounter that last 6.0 seconds. These encounters are almost always at close range 21 feet or less, and almost always the criminal act of another is the cause for the CCW to use their firearm. Most of the people at the range train for 7 yards or less encounter and the CCW classes cover liability. There has been very little revocation of CCW do to improper use or display of a firearm in Maryland , so Your post leaves to question, what is the point your making? Just my thoughts.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm not real sure where your going with your post. There are those of us that have military, LEO, and On going training in the use and care of firearms. The legal ramifications of using a firearm in self defense are well covered and understood by most CCW, especially those with aforementioned military and LEO training. Most Maryland CCW, don't have access to Police Officer survival Training, or stress reaction while under fire. With that said, most CCW use is a one on one encounter that last 6.0 seconds. These encounters are almost always at close range 21 feet or less, and almost always the criminal act of another is the cause for the CCW to use their firearm. Most of the people at the range train for 7 yards or less encounter and the CCW classes cover liability. There has been very little revocation of CCW do to improper use or display of a firearm in Maryland , so Your post leaves to question, what is the point your making? Just my thoughts.

The OP was banned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland

Is that seriously your First post?
    Posted in This thread?
    And you joined in 2012?

popcorn... where'd I leave the popcorn...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom