• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Trinity Ordnance is selling Sabre (now made by GWACS) lowers for $20 each. Five or more gets free shipping. These are the one piece plastic lowers that are designed from the start to be made from plastic, so they aren't as fragile as most of the other plastic lowers.

https://www.facebook.com/TrinityOrdnance/

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    What is better is the $25 LPK.

In store purchase only.

I just bought 3 lowers (friend got 2 so shipping is free). My dealer doesn't charge a transfer fee, so that is $60 out the door.

And you don't need a grip, buffer tube, or stock with these lowers. And they are almost a LB less than a complete aluminum lower.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Dang it. I ordered 2. Even with transfer fees it works out to about what an Anderson lower would be and I’ve been wanting to try a GWACS/Sabre lower. Could make a nice lightweight build, haven’t done it because of the usual price on them. The test videos of shooting holes in them and still working plus the “all one piece” lower gives me some confidence that they will stand up to the long term.

Also I think one would make a cool and lightweight build for an M16A2 clone at some point (obvious not exactly accurate).

I guess I can check off “2 more AR-15 lowers before the end of the year” from my list of things to do. Thanks Ericoak.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hey, MD transfer question, I have to call Baltimore's Best (or just ask when I go to do the transfer), but it occurred to me...these have an integrated stock, so it isn't like they can ever be made in to a pistol. How would they transfer? 77r? Just a 4473? Probably however BB is comfortable transferring them I assume.

But are AR lowers transferring on a 77r because they can be built in to a pistol? Or because they can be built in to a configuration that is banned if you are naughty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom