• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    Ended up with 3 - 40 rd ak mags, lula ak loader, shotgun bandolier , 2- 30 rd pmags. Not bad .
    On a side note, I tried not to curse out the dude that the "CLIPS" tables who walked away from me when I asking him a question just to eat his sandwich. Your a certified a@@hole, you can eat a fried Di@k sandwich since you like to sandwiches so much !!!!!

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    It was a toss-up between the $1500 PSL and the $750 WASR-10's.

What the **** happened to gun shows? Are they trying to scare away customers with stuff being priced up to 2x the actual market value?

Oh, and I almost forgot the jackass at some holster booth who literally followed me halfway down a damn aisle trying to sell me "the very latest and best in tactical concealment gear!" When I told him the third time I wasn't even CLOSE to being interested in his wares, and turned to a table to look at a gun, he actually squeezed BETWEEN myself and the table to stand about 3 inches away from me, and attempted to pitch me again.

Almost makes me glad I'm going back to Afghanistan...at least there, you expect them to act like shameless asshats who'd sell you their own mother if you made an offer...Apparently expecting a modicum of decency and respect is too much to ask in Chantilly these days.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I bought my first Mosin 91 30 (all serial numbers match), a span can of 7.62 x 54r, two Bulgarian AK mags, and two Polish AK mags. Theresa bought a .45 caliber necklace (her second one).

Look's like an ARSENAL to me son. Yew some kinda terrorist? :lol2:

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Machodoc said:
    Did you see an old fat guy with a gray ponytail doing that today? If so, that was me. As soon as I started checking bores at the muzzle like that, all of a sudden guys around me were wanting the same thing done ... but they also started selling more rifles. Bottom line: If a round is easily "swallowed" all the way up to the brass (or worse), it shows that at least the muzzle end of the bore is either wallowed out, has been counter-bored, or was counter-bored because it was getting wallowed out. The thing will still go "bang" and sling a bullet a long ways, but it's not likely to be particularly accurate ... and it's a fair predictor that the bore isn't going to be in very good shape the whole way down.

Of course, you really aren't going to be able to tell much for sure about the condition of the bore until it's been cleaned, and slugged, but you can't do that until you've bought it and taken it home. Checking the muzzle end of the bore with a bullet is an easy test that you can do out on the floor.

Yup - I saw you.

MississippiJoe

Jul 21, 2012
    I picked up a Cold Steel Espada, some cleaning gear and a striped lower. I seen a few things I wanted but with a queue of regulated weapons already, I chose to wait until I got my collectors back.

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    200 rds of .38 Special 158gr SWCHP +P from Georgia Arms. I can't touch the $11.50 per 50 price anywhere else. Also 1 USMC desert digital cap for the oldest grandson and a woodland US Army cap for the youngest grandson. Now I'm a bigger hero to them:party29:...

As an aside, I have now bought from Georgia Arms at 2 different shows, and the folks working the shows for them are SUPER nice. First time, one older guy struck up a conversation with the wife about a rifle she was looking at at another table, and yesterday the younger guy I dealt with was really good with my oldest grandson, and made his day with the friendly banter.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    200 rds of .38 Special 158gr SWCHP +P from Georgia Arms. I can't touch the $11.50 per 50 price anywhere else. Also 1 USMC desert digital cap for the oldest grandson and a woodland US Army cap for the youngest grandson. Now I are a bigger hero to them:party29:...

As an aside, I have now bought from Georgia Arms at 2 different shows, and the folks working the shows for them are SUPER nice. First time, one older guy struck up a conversation with the wife about a rifle she was looking at at another table, and yesterday the younger guy I dealt with was really good with my oldest grandson, and made his day with the friendly banter.

I bought some bullets and primers from Georgia Arms at a show in Raleigh. Very nice folks.

zaphod07

Oct 16, 2011
    Around NAS PAX
    Picked up :
    Mosin
    16" Ar barrel with low pro gas block
    30rnd pmag with window
    bungie sling
    cheap pistol light w/ mount
    old walnut Tommygun stock (gonna use the wood to make knife handles)
    Bad lever
    Olight M20 spec op edition (fricking love these lights)

schreib

Stupid Newbie
    Mar 2, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Picked up my first mosin and a tin of surplus 7.62x54

All numbers match on the mosin for 1944 from Izhevsk but the bottom of the magazine floorplate is restamped and the old serial is stamped with a line through it. From what i've researched it sounds like they did refurbs to guns already produced after they made the changes in 1930 to the design. Has anyone heard of leaving the old serial on and just stamping a line through it during the refurbish process?

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Picked up my first mosin and a tin of surplus 7.62x54

All numbers match on the mosin for 1944 from Izhevsk but the bottom of the magazine floorplate is restamped and the old serial is stamped with a line through it. From what i've researched it sounds like they did refurbs to guns already produced after they made the changes in 1930 to the design. Has anyone heard of leaving the old serial on and just stamping a line through it during the refurbish process?

Congrats - I waited so long before I got a Mosin. I absolutely love the thing. My right shoulder is totally f'd from shooting it too much this past weekend. Mine was accurate at 50yds (pic of target in first post).

Did you grab one of the spam can openers when you bought the tin?

schreib

Stupid Newbie
    Mar 2, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Congrats - I waited so long before I got a Mosin. I absolutely love the thing. My right shoulder is totally f'd from shooting it too much this past weekend. Mine was accurate at 50yds (pic of target in first post).

Did you grab one of the spam can openers when you bought the tin?

Yeah I had paid and was lifting it to leave and the guy behind the table ran and grabbed me one. Told me it would save a bunch of swearing down the line.

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I picked up a mint Winchester Model 12 that I've been wanting for a while. It's a 30" 12 gauge full choke. Then I picked up a handle for AR-15 that holds a bipod in it, which is awesome for the money. Then I picked up some Magpul XTM handguard pieces. It was def a cool show I thought. I thought I'd see tons of like CZ82's and tokorevs, but I couldn't find any on Sunday. One guy wanted $800 for a bring back tokarev and the other wanted $300 for a CZ82.
    photo1-58.jpg

photo2-58.jpg

photo3-49.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom