• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Are those BCGs any good?

They are VERY good.

They have all the "important" things right - MPT, HPI, shot peened, carpenter 158 bolt, proper fasteners, proper staking, etc. They're not all shiny or whatever, but I think they are the best deal going on a quality BCG, especially for the money.

Also, if you watch the Palmetto site, you can get really good deals on them, because their price fluctuates. A few months ago (maybe October) I bought two of the non-blemished ones for $69 each.

This is all relating to their premium BCGs. They have some other ones that are made out of different materials or not subject to the same testing. For as cheap as you can get the premium ones, I wouldn't ever bother with their cheaper stuff.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    The main difference is that the one that's $10 more expensive is done totally milspec - the bolt is shot peened, and it's high pressure tested and mag particle inspected. The other one isn't. The cheaper one isn't "bad" per se, but for the $10 difference, get the more expensive one.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    The main difference is that the one that's $10 more expensive is done totally milspec - the bolt is shot peened, and it's high pressure tested and mag particle inspected. The other one isn't. The cheaper one isn't "bad" per se, but for the $10 difference, get the more expensive one.

Thanks for the info!

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Although I have missed out on some decent deals, I have boycotted PSA for over a year. The reason? I ordered 2 10/22 Ruger Compact rifles and had them shipped to a life long acquaintance and co worker who is a veteran and opened his own shop on the side. He is located in WV...just across the River from me. PSA refused to ship the 10/22s to him because my license is MD and he is a WV FFL. I explained several times to 2 different people and even sent them the link to MD state police licensing division proving that the 10/22s weren’t illegal, but they weren’t having it. They charged my bank account immediately when I made the order, but took 10+ days to refund money.
    I understand about MD’s bs, but for them the try to claim they couldn’t ship due to the rifles being illegal when I proved otherwise with documentation and then refusing to acknowledge that they were wrong just didn’t set well with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom