• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I really think it's a personal opinion as are many of these trigger conversations. They work. My buddy has a Hyperfire and seems to like it. I've shot his but like my Geissele a bit better and I've tried and still have several other flavors in some of my rifles (SSA, SSA-E, NM/DMR, Timney, ALG, RR, MS, etc). If you looking for a HD rifle, personally I think you'll be fine no matter what you select although my preference is simplicity and dependability on a HD rifle. In a HD situation, being all amped up, you probably couldn't tell the difference between a 3lb trigger and a 8 lb trigger. In my time I've only been part of one situation and during those minutes, I though I was Godzilla...

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Geissele.

The G2S is less cost, and will leave that factory FCG for dead.

$165 vs $185, and no adjustments for you to chase your tail with. Bonus, Geissele is in PA, so shipping is very quick, and the support is definitely there if you ever need it.

THIS. I have an SSA-E and a G2S and both are outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I've run a Geissele SSA-Enhanced, and SD-3G, and Hiperfilre 24C in my long-range (600 yard) target AR-15.

I prefer a very light single stage trigger for target work, and I kept the 24C in the rifle, because it suits me the best.

The 24C also help me with a flaw in my technique. I use such a light touch on the trigger, and I occasionally double. I am least-likely to double with the 24C.

That is my personal experience.

Last edited:

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I have experience with milspec, ALG ACT, G2S, Geissele SSF, LaRue MBT, HiperFire EDT3, Wilson Combat TTU 2 stage, Rock River 2 stage, HiperFire HiperTouch 24C, 24E, and a couple of the Timney flavors that I can't recall the names of. In general I am fine with them all, but I like the HiperFires, Geisseles, and LaRues the best. In general I lean toward two stage triggers like the Geissele or the Larue MBT for home defense type ARs (and eschew drop in trigger units besides that new KE arms trigger), but prefer HiperFire triggers for match and hunting type setups. I am sure it is possible to have a nicer, more consistent trigger than my 24C, but I assume it would cost an obscene amount or compromise lock time/hammer energy. The 24C is what I run in my race gun, and I know TTAG did a decent amount of testing to show that their spring assist mechanism is reliable when suppressed and really dirty. Smacks the crap out of the firing pin every time. The shoe ensures consistency of placement, too. Same for the EDT3.

Personally I think HiperFire is up there with the other reputable manufacturers, and will continue to buy any of their triggers with confidence. Dvor has them on very deep discount regularly, which is nice.

Addendum: HiperFire has renamed all their triggers recently, so my naming conventions are off. They list the old and new names on their website.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The 24C is the preferred trigger for the USPSA PCC crowd. I have the EDT2 in one of my 3-gun rifles. Nice trigger, with fast, positive reset. I may have to break down and pick up a 24C for one of my PCCs.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The 24C is the preferred trigger for the USPSA PCC crowd. I have the EDT2 in one of my 3-gun rifles. Nice trigger, with fast, positive reset. I may have to break down and pick up a 24C for one of my PCCs.
    You should definitely buy one. I highly doubt you will regret it.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    One problem with the Hyperfire 24 series is the booster spring bar rubs aggainst the selector by designs, making the selector feel like crap, and it won't work with a number of ambi and short throw selectors. I put a Battle arms short throw in just about every rifle, some have gotten it to work, some have not. There is a new trigger, the Timney Calvin Elite, it uses different geometry, much like the single stage Giessele, and is non adjustable and really solid. The trigger kit includes several aluminum shoes, and can be adjusted up down, forward, or back. Reset is STRONG and short, 0 creep, crisp break, measures right on the 1.5# spec in the middle of the triger shoe adjustment range. It also works with most ambi-safeties, feels like a shorter break, better reset and has more adjustments than Hyperfires 24C. It is awesome in gas rifles, and has been great in my 3gun AR, but had problems with occasional hammer follow in my PCC (much more reciprocating mass) if you are gentle on the trigger, common issue with light short triggers in PCCs. For that the AR gold is still king, short reset, short 2 stage pull like a good 1911 trigger, and that trigger NEVER fails on anything I have tried it in, 0 problems in a PCC. Only problem is a dull (although really short) reset that lacks feel. While the above are great in my competition and target rifles, for a defensive / tactical rifle there isn't much that beats mil-spec or Giessele for simplicity and durability.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    That sucks you had that problem with the safety. I use a mix of the BAD-CASS and Radian Talon, and haven't had a problem with the old or the new HiperFire designs.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    That sucks you had that problem with the safety. I use a mix of the BAD-CASS and Radian Talon, and haven't had a problem with the old or the new HiperFire designs.

They have a list of the ambi selectors they claim don't work with 24 series triggers. It worked in my Mega billet with a BAD CASS, but the selector was really tight and gritty when turning, and it worked in a DPMS forged with Seekins, didn't work in a buddies Aero with a BAD ASS, didn't work in my QC10 PCC lower.

https://www.hiperfire.com/faq/are-hipertouch-24-series-triggers-compatible-with-ambidextrous-safeties-or-other-ambi-controls/

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    They have a list of the ambi selectors they claim don't work with 24 series triggers. It worked in my Mega billet with a BAD CASS, but the selector was really tight and gritty when turning, and it worked in a DPMS forged with Seekins, didn't work in a buddies Aero with a BAD ASS, didn't work in my QC10 PCC lower.

https://www.hiperfire.com/faq/are-hipertouch-24-series-triggers-compatible-with-ambidextrous-safeties-or-other-ambi-controls/
    Interesting! Thanks for the info. My race gun (more of a heavy SPR build than race gun by today's standards . . . Lot of changes to ARs in the past few years) absolutely has a 45 degree BAD CASS mated with a gen 1 HiperTouch 24C in a Spikes lower. It was a bit gritty at first, but smoothed out nicely pretty quickly. Radian Talon, which I've since switched to for most of my ARs, works fine with the EDT3 and 243G (whatever it is called now), in a Stagg and another Spikes lower respectively. Literally no issues over a spread of about 5 years and thousands of rounds.

I'll certainly keep that in mind on future builds, and will make sure to look for problems when I am cleaning and performing maintenance on my existing firearms. Again, very much appreciate you posting that.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Following up on my necro-revived thread, I did end up with the Hiperfire EDT (old name) in my Amish carbine, and it's been great. I'm going to finish an 80% build eventually, and will go with another of the same. Conveniently, they're on sale for a few days right now at Dvor, pretty good prices: https://www.dvor.com/search/hipertouch

sfmf!

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Yeah and i can’t wait for their Memorial Day sale i was just kinda wondering how these stacked up.

me either. I bought 1 SSA when they had a surprise Easter sale and I wish I would have bought 2.

This trigger is just awesome imo.

the bonus was I got to take the factory trigger out of my LWRC and drop it in a "lower end" rifle for a small upgrade to the standard mil spec trigger :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom