• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    In the major brands you have to go up to 1.2 to 1.3 width to get a rail anyway. so you are comparing 1.3 guns with rails to S365? why?

We are now in a time when lights/lasers for micros are specialized and custom for the gun

none of the lights you mention fit on any 'standard" rail for the micro guns that constitute 90% of the market: Shield, LC9, G43.

The "standard" on micros is no rail.

And putting a standard rail on has a serious downside, it is a major snagging risk. Picatinny and Weaver are sharp cuts perpendicular to the gun.

As far as "bore axis" please it isn't a factor for the vast majority of gun buyers, it is just something glock says when they can't say anything else
    Weird, I've never had this snag on anything. I've never had the rails on any of my other handguns snag on something either. The lights that don't fit do not because the rail isn't long enough. A 3.75 or 4" barrel would allow them to take basically any

Bore axis is a factor in controllability... especially on a gun this small. cant fight physics.

Attachments

• 20180110_175642.jpg
      20180110_175642.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 365
    • 20180110_175609.jpg
      20180110_175609.jpg
      147.8 KB · Views: 364

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Do you know if one has been sent to the roster board yet?
    If there are no volunteers I will call md state police board tomorrow to find out. May end up on mass roster first (good for DC people as we could get it sooner) like SW Shield and Sig p320 did.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I agree that you're in the minority if you're wanting a pic rail on a micro - Sig's apparent solution looks like a solid compromise.

Exactly. Micro and Subcompact are not the same. Rails are not on 90% of the 9mm micros sold, yet the fact that it is on much bigger subcompacts like g26 is a reason why sig needs to put it on their micro when Sig subcompacts in fact do have rails?

Apples to apples. Glock refused to put any rail on its G43 micro and that is ok, S&W and Ruger don't put one on theirs and that is ok, but Glock guys are saying sig is wrong for putting a low snag dehorned one so there are more options for consumer than other makers, and sig is wrong?

and then back to nonsense on bore axis? many of the best independent expert evaluators who have extensive shot both Shield with it higher bore axis,, note the shield for example is much less snappy than the G43.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYH2M7CJN4

Winephile

Jun 16, 2017
    AA County, Maryland
    If there are no volunteers I will call md state police board tomorrow to find out. May end up on mass roster first (good for DC people as we could get it sooner) like SW Shield and Sig p320 did.
    I called MSP yesterday and they said “Not yet”. Then I called Sig and they said “Probably in process”, but nothing definite.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Consistent predictable trigger pull. Revolver type simplicity.

Not that trigger pull really means a hill of beans on a pistol you'll draw with wobbly nerves, not a perfect grip, most likely moving, and slapping the trigger for every shot. Working a trigger reset under stress is not in most peoples' shooting wheelhouse.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Not that trigger pull really means a hill of beans on a pistol you'll draw with wobbly nerves, not a perfect grip, most likely moving, and slapping the trigger for every shot. Working a trigger reset under stress is not in most peoples' shooting wheelhouse.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

A 'decent' trigger would be a bonus in a pistol this small but, I would think that reliability with a variety of defensive JHP ammunition would be a slightly higher priority. I'm hoping Sig has taken the extra time to get the bugs worked out.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Hey, look what the cat drug in. Welcome back.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Anyone know where the width is measured? At the top of the grip, middle or base? If it is a tapered magazine design then maybe a 1 inch width is measured at the top of the grip.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I finally got through to someone with Sig Sauer state compliance office. It has been submitted for Mass roster (mass roster, not mass AG compliance), but not yet for Maryland roster. I think these rosters work differently anyway, with in the case of Massachusetts, the manufacturers send it to a certifier of their choice to conduct drop tests, and then the manufacturer certifies it to mass roster people, and it goes up pretty quickly. No dependence on meetings scheduling or comment periods. In the case of Maryland, the manufacturers have send a sample of the gun to the state and the state conducts the tests and a much more rare interval.

hens07

Jan 22, 2013
    They closed petitions for new guns on 1/16/18 and meet on the 31st. I guess it will be at least a few more months until they have another meeting. In the meantime keep bugging Sig and the dealers to get the P365 added!

Winephile

Jun 16, 2017
    AA County, Maryland
    P365 vs Kimber Micro 9

I saw RK Guns with a special on the Micro 9. Never seen that before.

I wonder if Kimber had an “oh *” moment realizing that the p365 will dominate the hi-end Micro 9 market with almost twice the rounds.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    They closed petitions for new guns on 1/16/18 and meet on the 31st. I guess it will be at least a few more months until they have another meeting. In the meantime keep bugging Sig and the dealers to get the P365 added!
    I'm in DC so as long as it is on either Mass or Maryland roster I would be ok. Looks like it will be on Mass roster much earlier.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I called the Maryland roster board today. They told me petitions for new guns for next meeting closes 1/25. The P365 has not been submitted by sig and their submission for the next meeting that closes mid week this week, meaning it is almost certainly not going to be approved for purchase in Maryland for 4 to 6 months. I called a Massachusetts sig "master dealer" also and was told they have been told Sig has submitted the P365 for Massachusetts roster approval, and they expect it to be on a roster in two to three months, albeit not a "Mass compliant" version this year.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Sad we won't be able to get our hands on these until summer I guess. At least there's time to find/fix any teething issues...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom