• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Someone in Puerto Rico wants to buy a charging handle from me.
    I was wondering is Puerto Rico restricted like an international sale or can I sell it to the person there?

Thanks!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Someone in Puerto Rico wants to buy a charging handle from me.
    I was wondering is Puerto Rico restricted like an international sale or can I sell it to the person there?

Thanks!

"For ITAR purposes, “United States” means the several states, Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and any territory or possession over which the United States exercise any powers of administration, legislation, and jurisdiction."

Note that the above only covers the jurisdiction. You also need to verify that the recipient is not a "foreign person," regardless of jurisdiction.

"A “foreign person” is any natural person who (a) is not a lawful permanent resident of the United States as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(20), has dual U.S.- foreign citizenship, or is not a “protected individual”, (b) any foreign corporation or other entity that is not incorporated to do business in the United States, and (c) international organizations, foreign governments and any part of a foreign government (e.g., foreign diplomatic missions)."

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    "For ITAR purposes, “United States” means the several states, Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and any territory or possession over which the United States exercise any powers of administration, legislation, and jurisdiction."

Note that the above only covers the jurisdiction. You also need to verify that the recipient is not a "foreign person," regardless of jurisdiction.

"A “foreign person” is any natural person who (a) is not a lawful permanent resident of the United States as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(20), has dual U.S.- foreign citizenship, or is not a “protected individual”, (b) any foreign corporation or other entity that is not incorporated to do business in the United States, and (c) international organizations, foreign governments and any part of a foreign government (e.g., foreign diplomatic missions)."

Good post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom