• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Im sold on the Vepr Ak conversion. I'll keep an eye on the site for prices once they become available!

MG4DEUCE

The Otter
    Jun 28, 2010
    Annapolis
    I have one of the original Robinson imported 7.62x39 16" models with the Poly/Fiberglass stocks and the factory installed bolted muzzle break. I bought it new in 06'. The thing is a tank. Everything but the bolt is beefed up. I have several other AK's including Arsenals and Bulgarian, yugo and chinese. Its hands down the highest quality, smoothest AK type rifle I have ever layer hands on. By AK standards the thing is a tack driver. Mags insert smoothly and lock up tighter than any other AK i have ever owned.

My only complaint is its so heavy. I wouldn't want to carry it all day. I'm a big guy its just a beast. I have found the Poly/Fiberglass stocks add a ridiculous amount of weight (although very ergonomic). I installed a Ultimak railed lower front hand guard on it and it got lighter. I have found its extra heft really minimizes the recoil and muzzle climb for very fast follow up shots.

All in all, of several dozen guns i have purchased, this has made the short list of 3 that I have no intention of ever letting go of. I would love to get a 7.62x54r model if mags were readily available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom