• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richie

May 8, 2017
    Soon to be in MD.
    Moving to MD soon. Need recommendation for a good gun shop and gunsmith near Bowie.

Thanks in advance.

Richie.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    MD is flatter than CO, you will find that you can get farther quicker. From Bowie there are lots of choices less than an hour and where you go mostly depends on what you are looking for. Most shops in MD cater to one niche or another rather than trying to serve everyone.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The closest place that sells guns is Dick's Sporting Goods in Waugh Chapel. They have a modest setup (with limited ammo/supplies/accessories) at the farthest rear corner of the building; behind all the branded clothing, shoes, golf/baseball/soccer/skiing items. It's well hidden.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    The closest place that sells guns is Dick's Sporting Goods in Waugh Chapel. They have a modest setup (with limited ammo/supplies/accessories) at the farthest rear corner of the building; behind all the branded clothing, shoes, golf/baseball/soccer/skiing items. It's well hidden.

Do they have more than just shotguns?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actual Bowie area is a curious gun shop vacuum. Change that to " within an hour or so when not rush hour traffic " , and choices are many.

In other parts of the country , the norm is for most gun shops to be all around , full service gun stores. In Md , for better or worse there is specialization. And 'smiths in the true sense are few, with long back logs .

Let's us know you general areas of intrest, or specific item looking for , and we'll be glad to point you .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not to be confused with the beloved , late Lou45 , the other Lou was as the most optimistic described as very crotchety, with very indifferent business practices .

Is he still around ?

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Worth a Shot in Millersville is the closest gun store to Bowie other than Dicks. Scott's Gunsmithing in Glen Burnie is probably the closest gunsmith.

L

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Don't go to Worth a Shot. Go try 2A Sales in Jessup, its only about 25-30 minutes from Bowie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Don't go to Worth a Shot. Go try 2A Sales in Jessup, its only about 25-30 minutes from Bowie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2nd this^^

I still can't forget when I called them a year ago and asked how much a Spikes LPK was...quoted me at $135. I laughed audibly into the phone, and said, "You mean it comes with the buffer tube / weight / spring and stock, right?"

"No, just the core lower parts kit."

Hung that phone up with the quickness.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    A1 Uniforms is another industry partner here that is close to you. They’ll drain your bank account real fast if you’re into NFA items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom