• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    FINALLY, one of my representatives has addressed HB1302 in his end of session review. Bob Cassilly called it like it is. He mentioned the shortcomings and more importantly, he mentions how this could adversely effect the gun owners.

Thank you Bob for having the balls to talk about the elephant in the room. Out of the 5 representatives I talk to, he is the first to call this Bill what it is. He also said that this Bill will need more work next year. At least he's planning and looking to transform this terribly Bill next year.

Thank you, Bob Cassilly!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    ACLU has become a partisan organization. They now only defend civil liberties like attorney-client privilege when it pertains to Dems.

Time to crush the ACLU voicemail and email boxes with demands that the ACLU stop hiding from the unlawful Red Flag scheme.

Also, we need another wave of messages to Governor Hogan to keep the pressure on!

You are welcome to copy and paste this letter below and put your name on it, or use the “bait & switch” ideas in your own message to the Gov. Let’s get messaging!

Dear Governor Hogan,

"Red flag" is a admirable idea: stopping the next school shooter. That's what “Red Flag" really means.

The Maryand legislature’s "Red Flag" bill, HB1302, however, is the worst kind of “bait and switch."

Maryland legislators "baited" us all by claiming they would produce a true “Red Flag bill” for you to sign--to protect school kids, teachers, staff and visitors.

Instead, the sponsors "switched" it up to draft and ram through a late-session bill that we all know intentionally targets adults who already own guns legally -- a scheme that produces only a police response, and offers no resources to overwhelmed Maryland families.

Worse, it doesn't address the real "red flag" issue: disturbed teens intending to commit a mass school shooting.

What happened to the urgent focus on bullied or troubled teens? Where is Maryland's resource help for them in HB1302?

Please, Governor Hogan, reject this election year trap and announce a your own true “Red Flag Initiative” using available state resources:

* Institute a “Red Flag” hotline (call 611) for callers to be directed to a trained “Red Flag” counselor with information and assistance
    * Create a “Red Flag Website” to give families access to the information in plain language about what help is available
    * Offer an online "Red Flag" questionnaire with check boxes to help families and friends understand the need for intervention or counseling vs. a police response
    * Set up a “Red Flag” text or email access for Smart Phone or laptop inquiries

Governor, let’s be honest: HB1032 is a flawed approach that prioritizes a last-resort, SWAT police approach to emotional and relationship issues that are better handled with other available Maryland resources much earlier in this process.

The police-only response in HB1302 ensures tense -- and possibly fatal consequences -- for police officers and for the people they confront in this unlawful, ill-advised and ill-constructed scheme.

We urge you, Governor Hogan, to use the same sharp focus you have brought to the opioid crisis to create the most effective “Red Flag Safety & Security Initiative" for Maryland by relying on the expertise of medical and legal professionals, social welfare experts, mental health practitioners and law enforcement consultants rather than the politically motivated schemes of legislators in an election year.

Please, sir, you can rescue Maryland’s “Red Flag” process from the misguided politics and unlawful tactics of HB1302 and start over immediately with an all-hands-on-deck approach that will put a Governor’s Initiative in place well before HB1302, which wouldn't even begin to take effect until October.

Your decisive statewide initiatives have already saved lives, and you can save even more lives now.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    FINALLY, one of my representatives has addressed HB1302 in his end of session review. Bob Cassilly called it like it is. He mentioned the shortcomings and more importantly, he mentions how this could adversely effect the gun owners.

Thank you Bob for having the balls to talk about the elephant in the room. Out of the 5 representatives I talk to, he is the first to call this Bill what it is. He also said that this Bill will need more work next year. At least he's planning and looking to transform this terribly Bill next year.

Thank you, Bill Cassilly!

I hope he's sharing his thoughts with the Governor.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Thank you, Bob Cassilly!

I hope he's sharing his thoughts with the Governor.

I've got a call out to him and am looking forward to what he says. I'm also looking at getting some insight as to what Governor Hogan is thinking. Maybe he's got some insider news he will share.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Red Flag Law failure in California.

‘Flip or Flop’ star says he wasn’t suicidal when cops seized guns

During the incident, Tarek, 36, exited the family home he shared with wife Christina, who was reportedly in the house with contractor Gary Anderson, who she’d go on to date briefly after splitting from Tarek.

That was a huge misunderstanding on her part, not my part,” Tarek told “Dr. Oz” on an episode airing Friday. “I had bought two mountain bikes. I sent my neighbor a text. I said, ‘Can I borrow your bikes, because I want to go scout trails.’ He wasn’t home.”

“I have a CCW, California Concealed Carry, which means I can legally carry a firearm. I live in the canyons, where there’s wildlife and bobcats and mountain lions, and I literally went on a hike,” he continued.

The next thing I know, there’s a sheriff’s helicopter circling and I’m like, ‘Geez, what are these guys doing?’ and I’m like, ‘They must be looking for somebody bad,’” he recalled. “Then I realize, ‘Well, wait a minute he was looking for me!’ And next thing I know I see 11 [sheriff’s deputies] around me and off-road vehicles and guns on me. I’m like, ‘Wait, am I the guy? I think I’m the guy. What did I do?’ That’s what happened that day.”

I literally I have the text to prove [I was just going hiking],” he added. “I showed the police. They’re, like, ‘I’m sorry, man.’ ”

Sorry, but FU. Gimme your guns. :mad54:

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/20/flip-or-flop-star-says-he-wasnt-suicidal-when-cops-seized-guns/

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That any irate neighbor can lie their any irate neighbor assoff and convince a police officer to initiate the ERPO.

Because any random police officer can, based on HB1302 language, initiate an ERPO.

The sneaky MGA made certain to keep that in their bill.

What evidence would the random officer have to put forth in court? What the neighbor tells the officer is hearsay. So, the officer could not use what the neighbor tells him/her. Wouldn't an attorney representing the respondent bring out the fact that the petition is not based upon knowledge that the officer has gained over time, but merely based upon a single encounter with the neighbor and not witnessing anything whatsoever regarding the respondent's behavior?

Feb 3, 2013
    FYI,

I privately warned the Governor that a failure to veto the "red-flag" gun bills would would seriously anger 2A supporters on both sides of the aisle.

Commissioner Richard Rothschild

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    FYI,

I privately warned the Governor that a failure to veto the "red-flag" gun bills would would seriously anger 2A supporters on both sides of the aisle.

Thank you.

Hopefully he is aware of the actual legal issues involved, in addition to political fallout from the GA (which will make little difference unless the Dems flop big time this fall).

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Here's my question how would applying for any carry permit in any state not just this one go after being 1302'd. How any state grant one after you had to answer in the affirmative for the question: have you ever been the subject of a protective order? whether or not it was falsely issued.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Thank you.

Hopefully he is aware of the actual legal issues involved, in addition to political fallout from the GA (which will make little difference unless the Dems flop big time this fall).

This should be simple logic for the Gov. Nobody who strongly supports HB1302 will be voting R in the election no matter what. Many people who are against it will or will not vote for him depending whether he vetoes it or lets it become law. A veto should be a no-brainer, because he's an R running in a deeply blue state. He needs every vote he can get, and loses no votes with a veto.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We are going to try to get on front of Gov. Hogan with VETO messages twice in the next 48 hours, and need your help if you can make it.

Tomorrow night at 7pm we can get some attention by gathering right under his windows at Lawyer’s Mall the night before the Governor hosts a bill-signing ceremony.

On Tuesday, I and anyone else who wants to join me can attend the Governor’s scheduled bill-signing to try to ask him to veto HB1302. Even if we don't speak I am confident the Governor and his aides recognize us. ( Bill signing ceremony time TBD when I get home from the road later today)

The other day the Red Flag Bill had not even been legally presented to the Governor so there is a better than even chance that it will not be the subject of the bill signing ceremony on Tuesday, but we will be there nonetheless.

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    FYI,

Thank you for having the courage to speak to Gov. Hogan unequivocally on this issue.

For those not familiar, the quote above is from
    Carroll County Commissioner Richard Rothschild, an outspoken advocate for conservative principles.

https://m.facebook.com/richard.rothschild.9

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    On the way back from the Eastern shore this afternoon I used the last hour of sunlight for a one-man Patriot Picket to keep the pressure on for Governor Hogan to veto this unlawful Bill.

When I sign on later I will tell you what we have just found out that suggests that the window is still open to stop HB1302.

Attachments

• 9E331E46-4B37-4373-8142-D307C1B6A310.jpg
      9E331E46-4B37-4373-8142-D307C1B6A310.jpg
      85.6 KB · Views: 274

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    As an FYI, I got Mark Fisher's (Calvert County) end of year legislative statement. He didn't mention the Bump Stock Bill or the Red Flag Bill. I guess that isn't that important to him. So, he is not that important to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom