• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norbalco

Feb 24, 2017
    +1 for suppressed 22lr for home range :-)

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    +1 for suppressed 22lr for home range :-)

Or something like CCI quiet. I tried some in my rifle for the first time yesterday and it was about the same as my air gun.

cci quiet AND suppressed, except for the hole in your target you might wonder if even fired

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Or something like CCI quiet. I tried some in my rifle for the first time yesterday and it was about the same as my air gun.

cci quiet AND suppressed, except for the hole in your target you might wonder if even fired

Depends on the gun. I have a .22 that is particularly loud for some reason even CCI Quiet is pretty much unmistakeable as a firearm in it. Its not hearing protection loud, but its "definitely a gun" loud. All my other .22 guns shoot Quiet like a pellet gun "PHTTTT!"

I recommend test firing the Quiet ammo somewhere firearms friendly before taking a risk in a potentially unfriendly environment.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Over time you will contaminate that dirt floor with lead. You will stir up lead duet ever time you walk on it. Your shoes and socks will carry the dust to the rest of the house.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    These are the updates I made to my range in WMD this year. Pics Below are of my Pistol and rimfire range. Before you ask.... I found that if I have a bunch of colors on the targets I have no issue getting the other half to come out with her G17 and shoot some steel and paper

Hostage Target, Spinner, Static Plate Rack 6” & 8”, Flip Plates, Top Poppers, 2 plate dueling Tree, Static Sniper Target, Texas Star and ½” Ar500 steel targets for the rifle range.

The 2 Target Dueling Tree, Spinner and Static Sniper Target will end up on the rifle range.

MDS member Remrug was in the area last week Turkey hunting and he dropped by to help me break these in.

Attachments

• 01 Hostage Target.jpg
      01 Hostage Target.jpg
      114.6 KB · Views: 342
    • 02 2 plate dueling tree, Spinner, Static Plate rack, Flip Plate rack, top post poppers and ISPC .jpg
      02 2 plate dueling tree, Spinner, Static Plate rack, Flip Plate rack, top post poppers and ISPC .jpg
      158.5 KB · Views: 370
    • 03 Texas Star.jpg
      03 Texas Star.jpg
      107.5 KB · Views: 388
    • 04 Rimfire.jpg
      04 Rimfire.jpg
      159.1 KB · Views: 376
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 354
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      137.7 KB · Views: 373
    • 07.jpg
      07.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 365

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Pistol range

So I am looking at making a pistol only / PC rifle bay/range.
    Three sided at a minimum with dirt mounds 8’ tall. I figure planting ground cover vines or similar on it.

Question is what dimensions would be prudent?

40’ by 40’? 50’ by 50’?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Digging this one up from the dead. About to do some work on our 300 & 400yd backstops. The pic is the 300yd backstop which was originally just a 86 Subaru wagon and a big pile of logs. The logs have slowly been breaking down over the years but the Subaru runs just as good as the day we drug it there. Plan is to take approx 80yds of soil from redoing the pond and pile it up good behind the Subaru.

Attachments

• IMG_20220613_161653.jpg
      IMG_20220613_161653.jpg
      617.7 KB · Views: 110

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Dad's got some land in WV where I can do some redneck shenanigans like blowing up some tannerite. It's two hour drive, and a bit of of overland experience up mountain trail though.

1660603976187.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom